• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shockwave testing results

Turk

Tech Advisor
Troops
I spent 4 hours this pm testing the dual angle shockwave helix on my 07 Attak. With stock weights I could not get it to satisfactoryly work with stock configuration of the primary weights & spring. This helix is super aggressive at initial & it reallly pulls down rpm,s. With stock primary set up the best I could come up with is 9600 rpm holeshot then it would climb to allmost 11,000 rpm on the big end. I did get it to work very well with heavy hitters by loading the crap out of the tip & getting progressively lighter towards the heel. To make the dual angle work for flatland riding you need a lot of tip weight & lighten the inner. Looks like a good top speed or long race helix. I don,t recommend this helix with stock primary weights(apex only) on a flatland machine but it seems to work well with aftermarket weights where you can really load the tip & lighten the inner or use it with a oem weight that is not very aggressive at engagement.There is a lot more then an 8 degree spread as advertised....looks to me more like about 10-12 degrees at least. Anyway; this is what I found & thought I would share with you guys after doing about 10-12 clutching changes this pm.

Turk try the straight helix and it works good on my vector with a turn and a half counterclockwise with a polaris clutch 120-310 spring with 60gram pol weights. We have an attack that is having a hard time topending it. The belt is running to the top and rpm shift out is 8100rpms with sled pulling hard. This set-up is better than the hh setup and gas mileage is close to stock , try it you will like it. woodtic

Back