• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SHOOT-OUT vipers?

The track was hard packed and fast at the shootout and the Polaris sleds were running a 1 inch track I believe which would help a lot with speed. But either way those are some fast speeds for the Polaris sleds

Studroes144 said:
The track was hard packed and fast at the shootout and the Polaris sleds were running a 1 inch track I believe which would help a lot with speed. But either way those are some fast speeds for the Polaris sleds

Are those tracks stock? Do they allow a track change out?

Those Indys are pretty fast. My buddy had a 600 last year and it was a rocket for the cc. They remind me of an old Mustang 5.0 LX. Fast but kind of bare bones in equipment.

Take it with a grain of salt, but the Supertrax guys say that the Indy 800 will be the fastest non-turbo sled on the snow in 14.

Take it with a grain of salt, but the Supertrax guys say that the Indy 800 will be the fastest non-turbo sled on the snow in 14.[/quote]

Well the shootout numbers proved that theory. But I feel those speeds and fast times were because of the 1 inch track on the very hard packed track. If they had loose fluffy snow they would have had slowest speed. Tracks make a huge difference in speed in that far of a distance

Studroes144 said:
Take it with a grain of salt, but the Supertrax guys say that the Indy 800 will be the fastest non-turbo sled on the snow in 14.

Well the shootout numbers proved that theory. But I feel those speeds and fast times were because of the 1 inch track on the very hard packed track. If they had loose fluffy snow they would have had slowest speed. Tracks make a huge difference in speed in that far of a distance[/quote]

That's true but fast is fast. You don't show up to a race and complain that you lost because you run the wrong track. LOL! I'm no Polaris fan but they do seem to have the clutching right and get the power to the ground despite being the lowest hp 800 being produced.

Fast is fast for sure. But hard to get an exact comparison when the sleds are set up with different tracks. The sleds with 1-1/4 inch tracks had a decent amount of track spin at the shootout cuz they were only allowed to use 1.375 studs. Well the Polaris sleds with the 1 inch track still got to use the same length studs. That makes a huge difference! Truth be told, if Polaris had same track and stud pattern as the others the numbers would have looked very different. Traction was key to this Shootout and Polaris lucked out by how they were setup

drumz11 said:
Studroes144 said:

Well the shootout numbers proved that theory. But I feel those speeds and fast times were because of the 1 inch track on the very hard packed track. If they had loose fluffy snow they would have had slowest speed. Tracks make a huge difference in speed in that far of a distance

That's true but fast is fast. You don't show up to a race and complain that you lost because you run the wrong track. LOL! I'm no Polaris fan but they do seem to have the clutching right and get the power to the ground despite being the lowest hp 800 being produced.[/quote]

Exactly!!

Is it still White Lake setting up the Poo's?

If so I believe it's because of their wrench's. They have consistently done well at the shootout. It would be kind of like having Hauck Power Sports setting up the Yamaha's if you know what I mean.

They must know how to dial in a Polaris.

Re: shoot out

Studroes144 said:
apex gtx said:
did they run the viper ltx or the rtx in the shootout

Ltx. I can understand why no nytro. They prolly didn't run an apex cuz yamahas main focus this year is obviously the viper
....the Apex would have been faster than the Viper, Yamaha didn't want people to see that.

Back