• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shorter spindles?

Perfect! I already got one of those.

Bought the sled used. Going completely thru it now. Doing all of the usual upgrades as well.

Thanks,

If you switch to the apex/vector shorter knuckles and spindles you would want to swap the top arm as well to make the geometry correct. If you don't swap the top arm the camber will be off if i remember correctly.

Thank you! I got a closer look at the track today and it was missing more clips than it had. I had to head to Mickey's to get another one. The budget is taking a beating on this one. I'm pretty sure I've spent more fixing it than I paid for it. So I think I'll give it a try as is for now.

I'm down to a chassis with the engine in it. Everything else is out getting inspected, rehabed or replaced. The farther you take it down the more things you find that need fixing.

And thank you Travis for all of your help!

Thanks,

Thank you! I got a closer look at the track today and it was missing more clips than it had. I had to head to Mickey's to get another one. The budget is taking a beating on this one. I'm pretty sure I've spent more fixing it than I paid for it. So I think I'll give it a try as is for now.

I'm down to a chassis with the engine in it. Everything else is out getting inspected, rehabed or replaced. The farther you take it down the more things you find that need fixing.

And thank you Travis for all of your help!

Thanks,
That’s what happens when you restore it. Basically that’s what your doing.

Yeah, I know. I completely did an 05 RS Rage last year. A 97 MXZ 440 the year before. And a 96 Polaris Indy 600 Triple the year before. I kept the Rage. Came out very nice. Saw this RX1 and decided it was this years fall project.

I had been living in the South for 40 years. Been doing race cars and racing most of my life. Retired, moved home and now I love sleds. The first one took all summer and fall. I get faster each time as the sleds get more complicated. Having done the Rage last year really is making the RX1 much faster and easier. It would be better if I wasn’t getting old. I work just a little bit at a time. No long hours. I just like learning about the details, doing the research and of course, working on them.

If anybody cares I can post pics and updates as I work on it. I did videos on the Rage. I can edit video just fine but it’s time consuming and I really don’t like doing it. :)

Thanks,

Yeah, I know. I completely did an 05 RS Rage last year. A 97 MXZ 440 the year before. And a 96 Polaris Indy 600 Triple the year before. I kept the Rage. Came out very nice. Saw this RX1 and decided it was this years fall project.

I had been living in the South for 40 years. Been doing race cars and racing most of my life. Retired, moved home and now I love sleds. The first one took all summer and fall. I get faster each time as the sleds get more complicated. Having done the Rage last year really is making the RX1 much faster and easier. It would be better if I wasn’t getting old. I work just a little bit at a time. No long hours. I just like learning about the details, doing the research and of course, working on them.

If anybody cares I can post pics and updates as I work on it. I did videos on the Rage. I can edit video just fine but it’s time consuming and I really don’t like doing it. :)

Thanks,
Sounds great!! Please do post pics and vid’s on your progress. Always awesome to watch a fellow gear head work.

Back