• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I 136 ?

Thinking of extending the track on my 03 RX-1 to 136". Any pro's / con's ?
Who makes good rail / tunnel extensions ? Do I need to move the rear cooler line ? Mainly ride trails, but last season hooked up with a group that likes to ride off trail, this should help right? Will it hurt much on the tight / twisties ? Should improve off the line traction (121 pro action sucks even with ripsaw) will it hurt top end ? (must stay ahead of a buddy's ZR 9 ) Would love to put in 136 Expert X or M-10 but much to expensive !
thanks for any input ;)!

i would go 144" x 1.25" with tipped rail extensions. it will turn better than a 136", be better off trail, and top end should be the same as a 136" because the tracks weigh the same. you can even get a take off switchback 144" x 1.25" camoplast predator for $200 from snowest.

I went 136 and love it. I noticed slightly more push in the corners but it was very little, especially with a good set of aggressive skis. From a studded 1" 121 to an unstudded 136 Ripsaw I saw no loss on top end, but I did re-clutch after going 136.

I used tracks USA rails extensions and a Hartman tunnel extension, both very nice and no need to change the rear coolant crossover.

Attachments

• Sleds 004.jpg
    Sleds 004.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 300
  • RX-1 002.jpg
    RX-1 002.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 289
No question about it .... just do it! The ride is world's better than a 121". You will even be able to mash through moguls faster and smoother than a 121". I extended my Nytro after having experience with riding a Renegade. And after you get used to it, you won't even notice the difference in turning.

Definitely extend it!

I have a 136" warrior, and I am actually extending it out to 151" this fall....of course 100% of my riding in in 'da UP, and a lot of that is off trail.

I will have a used warrior stock 136" track (with studs) for sale shortly. The track has less than 1,500 miles on it (all UP). Let me know if you are interested.

Several low milage warriors on the market. Maybe cheaper and easier to just get a 136" sled and sell your 03. just a thought

superbeast said:
yamma-yooper how much for the 136 studded

Not sure yet...but it will be very reasonable.

Are you going to be in Michigan this winter? Might be expensive to ship...

Note: the track is not off the sled yet, but should be before Dec 1.

Re: 136

Traildemon said:
One more question.... Will it still fit in a 10 ' enclosed trailer ??

Yes, it will fit, but it will be very tight. dont forget to change your gearing to match the Warrior.

Either 136" or 144" would be fine. I like the 136" but would rather have a Predator style track vs. good used ripsaw ($250).

I used Tracks USA ext. ($90 - or check classifieds) with outstanding results. I went with them because they also extend the hyfax. I used MPI's Warrior update kit for the tunnel ext. ($199) and you will have to do some cutting, but nothing too major. I would also consider a rear cooler as well.

OR Buy an Attak.

Hey Yama_Yooper you still have your 136 track for sale?

I have a 03 rx1 mtn with 151x2 camo track....and I want to switch to a 136x2...I dont use my sled in the mountains, only on lakes and trails.

when you change from a 151 to a 136 you have to change everything or what do you have to change? anyone??

there is only 2400km on sled....

How about going to a 128? I saw the 128" Ice Ripper and it peaked my interest. Could you go to 128 without needing a tunnel extension??

Yes you can, I saw a guy have a 128" on his apex with no extension ... you would have to look twice to tell it wasn't stock.

Back