• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I buy a 2015 turbo viper? (its a cat m7000)

88kawi

Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 apex mountain
'16 m7000
16 viper 162
I mostly ride the steep/powdery parts of brian head, utah, 9500-10500 elevation.

I have a 2008 skidoo 800R 151 2.5" and a 2018 skidoo 850 etec 165.

My skidoo blew a motor after 30 miles, (used) and have the new motor and whatnot, but I saw an ad for a turbo m7000 and was thinking about it.

How are they boondocking and handling and wondering thru fields of powder with and without trees? its a 153x2.6 track, aero turbo kit i believe. Might be an MPI with an aero exhaust.

Leave any advice. I really enjoy the 800R i have, it has served well and will keep it. might sell the 850 etec if this m7000 is super fun.

Turbo 4 strokes are a blast in the steep and deep. No issues here and I have 2 turbo sleds, 1 turbo Viper and a Sidewinder.

Turbo 4 strokes are a blast in the steep and deep. No issues here and I have 2 turbo sleds, 1 turbo Viper and a Sidewinder.

I've seen some videos and they look like they ride far better than nytros. How is a turbo viper playing in trees, going slow? Its a 153" with a 2.6 powerclaw

Well you won't blow a Yamaha motor after 30 miles ;) how many HP does it have?

These machines strive in deep powder. I ride a 162" through forest hills with around 10ft between the trees no issues as long as there is deep snow. It boondocks great you just have to get used to a little extra weight,
and fields are super fun to fly through.

It says tuned to 200 at the dealership. It is a dealership demo model, they installed everything and extra bits here and there. I talked to the salesman that has actual seat time and he didn't sound like too much of a salesman since its a consignment.

Their nearby mountains are around 8000 so at 10000 ft it should be like 190 or 185 hp.

153 x 2.6 powerclaw

They are good sleds. Since it's a 2015 check to see if it's had the 2016 and up mountain front end conversion done. It's easy to tell by looking at the spindles, the 2016 and latter mountain spindle is much more narrow and sloped back for more positive caster. It's allows the sled to side hill easier and is a common mod for 2014-15 M7000/Vipers.

They are good sleds. Since it's a 2015 check to see if it's had the 2016 and up mountain front end conversion done. It's easy to tell by looking at the spindles, the 2016 and latter mountain spindle is much more narrow and sloped back for more positive caster. It's allows the sled to side hill easier and is a common mod for 2014-15 M7000/Vipers.

yes, it has the '16 front end, it has all the doodads from you too, auto boost compensation, rollover, stg 2 intake, prologger.

this things clutching is brutal, is there a softer primary or something for lower RPM engagement on the CAT clutches? it slams forward and leaves rubber on the concrete around 3800 or 3900 rpm.

That's about where they engage from the factory (spec is 3800-4000). They came with a Black/Gold (75lb/275lb) spring if I remember correctly. Cat does offer a fair amount of spring choices for their clutches and if they don't have what your looking for there may be something available aftermarket.

Is this some sort of relocated thing for the turbos?

If this little cap breaks will all the oil run out and kill my motor? Have these little caps broken before?

Attachments

• 20201022_212541.jpg
    20201022_212541.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 123
Yeah, it looks like it probably has the air/oil tank drain relocation mod. Basically the air/oil separator drain is relocated from the oil tank to the engine mag cover. It's a good thing to have as it helps with oil control during deep powder carving. I have a pretty good pick of a MCX with the relocation mod here https://www.fourstrokesolutions.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=200616550

Never heard of the cap breaking before. However if it did, then yes oil could leak out so you'll want to check it occasionally to make sure it's in good shape.

Looks like they removed the aluminum drain tube shown in the pic that I linked and capped it off down at the bottom of the oil tank as shown in your pic. Not 100% sure, but I believe this is how MPI recommended it be done in their instructions.

Back