• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I get reverse on the Nytro?

My next sled will have reverse just for the conveiniense of backing out of the garage and at times off the trailer
If I was to give beer up for a week I'd lose the wt. of the reverse.

When I bought my RX-1 03 I was thinking the same thing and bought my sled without reverse. I wished many times that I had paid the extra and bought the reverse. My next sled will have it. Unless you are drag racing the extra weight does not really matter in the trails. IMHO

This is totally a personal decision. Do you want to go backwards? If yes, buy the reverse. If you don't mind lugging it, don't buy it.

In boondocking (lots of dead-ends in uncharted territory with little to no room to turn around), I have recently found reverse to be a serious backsaver. But for trail riding? I rarely use it...and when I do, it's more of a "just because it's there" thing.

As for the weight issue? I assure you that the 8 lbs will be invisible to you. How does your current sled handle when it has 6 gallons vs 7.2 gallons in the tank? Nobody could tell such a difference...

Here is how I think of it.........

---Factory Reverse $300
---After You Realize You Should Have bought Reverse, but you didn't $600 Plus Instalation
---Pushing the button and backing up so you can get by the 2-stroke in front of you at the gas station when they pump twice the fuel into their tank....PRICELESS!!!

I for one would never buy another sled without reverse......... never know when your wife might be getting the next "hand-me-down" sled.

Just my 2 cents,
Steve

Vmax4 said:
Here is how I think of it.........

---Factory Reverse $300
---After You Realize You Should Have bought Reverse, but you didn't $600 Plus Instalation
---Pushing the button and backing up so you can get by the 2-stroke in front of you at the gas station when they pump twice the fuel into their tank....PRICELESS!!!

I for one would never buy another sled without reverse......... never know when your wife might be getting the next "hand-me-down" sled.

Just my 2 cents,
Steve

ABSOLUTELY ;)!

I'd be leary of the long term durability of any mechanical reverse using a standard chain case. Judging from past Polaris and Ski-doo sleds equipped with chaincase style mechanical reverse there were lots of failures, at least in my neck of the woods.

rockrider said:
I'd be leary of the long term durability of any mechanical reverse using a standard chain case. Judging from past Polaris and Ski-doo sleds equipped with chaincase style mechanical reverse there were lots of failures, at least in my neck of the woods.
What are you talking about?

Is reverse on new Nytro push button like Phazer or lever action like Apex????

One of the things I really liked about the reverse was I used it many times to help me get unstuck. It would work great. Now if only the reverse would work every time you would engage it the first time.

Reverse works great, i'd never own another sled without it.
Use it for getting off thhe trailer... getting unstuck
parallel parking, reverse races

ok the last two I madeup, but man the back aches that having
reverse have saved me is well worth it.

Back