• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I sell my 11 rs venture gt?

569jason

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 RS VENTURE GT
I've been thinking about it since we've had 2 terrible winters in a row in Northern Indiana. I can't get up to Michigan so my lake cottage is all I got. We have a little 25 mile trail so we need the lakes to freeze. I've ridden a total of 100 miles in those 2 years. I hate to sell it. I really enjoy the sled. But I live 35 miles away and can only get up on the weekends. Can't tell you how many times we get snow during the week and have it gone by the weekend. Wife says I should sell. What should I do?

If its bought and paid for, keep it. Minimal maintenance and it will run forever. I have a 2020 Venture TF that I have been very pleased with so far. I hear you about the snow though, I live in central Wisconsin and the warm temps don't allow a base to maintain. Very unfortunate. But, I would hang on to it as you never know what next winter will bring!

Find a new wife, keep the sled, then pray to the snow gods, like we all have to these days!
Crappy winter in Ontario too, for the 3rd year in a row.

what you got is a nice sled...if you sell it you will take a bath..I'd keep it if you can. I remember winters when we'd get little snow..it will be good again.

I'd keep it too unless you have immediate need for the space or cash. Looking ahead maybe there will be more bad years than good but you have to stay in the game to minimize your losses.

Crappy winter in Ontario too, for the 3rd year in a row.

What you talking about? I did more than 3k km last season, most of it around here. I do have to agree that this season was complete garbage, not just weather wise.

I'd keep it, especially if it's all paid for, because as soon as you sell it, it will be snowmageddon. Hell, I'm looking for a new 2021 TF depending how everything goes with this COVID crap.

That's the thing that scares me, i sell it and next winter is a good season. I'll be pissed off if we get cold and snow that sticks around a while. New wife not an option i have a good one. I did put it on facebook and craigslist just to see if there is any interest. I'm going back and worth on keep it or sell it. Thanks for the responses guys.

What you talking about? I did more than 3k km last season, most of it around here. I do have to agree that this season was complete garbage, not just weather wise.

I'd keep it, especially if it's all paid for, because as soon as you sell it, it will be snowmageddon. Hell, I'm looking for a new 2021 TF depending how everything goes with this COVID crap.

The 2021 TF in white is awesome. Love my 2020 TF

I had about 3000 kms as well, which for me is a crappy season. Our (Osgoode Club) trails were officially open for 3-4 weeks, that's it. So, I was trespassing lots, to get to groomed trails. I don't truck them, because the trail goes through my property. So many snowmobiles leaving the trail, and then go all over my field, I think I will not allow access to the Club on my property next winter, which will close the trail into Osgoode, except for the tracks.

Mooseman, this is just an opinion, the Venture TF is an awesome machine, power steering works great and its an incredibly comfortable sled, the windshield really keep the cold off...some of these sled have drone and others don't...it's a crap shoot...stock skies push in corners so unpredictable, it's a tippy sled. For a few more bucks the STX -GT is a much superior sled...this is just my opinion having had both machines. Either way Yamaha rules.

I had thought about selling my 2010 Venture GT but just can't do it. It's such a dependable, well built, warm sled with lots of storage in the five bags and trunk that's great for trips. Handling is excellent with snow trackers and suspension set up properly.
I only put 2400 kms on it over the last two seasons as it's now a back up, 17,500 kms total.
I just put the skid back in today from re-greasing all the bearings. Tomorrow will put in new oil and re-assemble now that everything is done.
Keep the sled if you can afford it and have the storage space, it will last forever!

Back