• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Show me your meth!

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
The twincharged is just a boost machine. I think I need to go meth inj to keep the motor alive.

I have seen a few set ups in here show me what you got!

Also tank mounting in apex if you have pictures.

Thanks!!

Hi Kinger,

Dave at Hurricane Performance would be a great resource for this, he has that experience. I have seen some of his work.
I have some experience with installing AEM's on Cat 1100's and the biggest task was where to put or fabricate the tank because you want it below the level of the nozzles. The next was where to mount the pump. I have seen turbo RX1's and Apex's with the water/meth tanks mounted in the noses but in the case of our Apex's it's too cluttered up there already. This is why my Apex deosn't have water /meth on it yet.

I can also tell you that when you just bolt on a water/meth kit without changing anything else, you lose HP. It will enable you to crank the boost up more but to realize the full potential you need to advance the timing some to compensate for the slower burn of the meth and then lean out the AFR. Reason why you lose power by just bolting onto a machine with a stock ignition.

FYI Hurricane no longer sells kits.

I’m looking at Devils own nozzles and pumps. Trying to figure out a tank. Not sure how big to go to get me 150-200 miles without worry. 2 qts seems like enough but not sure. If I get meth I want to use it to run more boost. I was going to limit to 23-24 psi and with extra octane of direct port meth I was thinking maybe around 30 psi.

Also the pump needs to be below the tank. This is also a problem. Space is non existent unless I mount on the tunnel and I really don’t want to do that. Maybe in the footwells. So much plumbing and crap!!!

Perhaps a custom 3d printed tank is what you need. I will be running water meth on my swap, Probsbly printing a custom tank to go on the clutch cover where the airbox once was.

Back