• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sick of UNGROOMED trails

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
I just did another 25-30 miles of trail and lake..

Took the Venture to get a tank of fresh fuel.....after <10 miles of gruesome trail and went to the lake.

Wow we need snow, our clubs cant groom with this little snow due to our Rocky base, and it is ROUGH Never groomed this year, just ‘panned’ once a couple of weeks ago.

I know I’m whining to the CHOIR of ALL wanting snow......BUT LET IT SNOW

At least you got to ride yours I bought a new Winder this spring and I have yet to ride it. I have done some suspension, clutch work, and changed the oil and it just sits in the shop waiting for snow.

You are NOT whining more the the ice fisherman. I know which cycles down to the guys selling bait

I rode circles around my house...............................................................50 TIMES!
So NO bitchin'
We are VERY close to opening trails where I live, one more decent snowfall would do it.

There is enough I can get out in the fields which is great. Sometimes one just craves a handful of throttle....ora T-bone steak.....or something else I can think of.

I rode circles around my house...............................................................50 TIMES!
So NO bitchin'
Careful Steve, I tried riding in my backyard and had the Environmental Police show up..no ticket this time but...Mass. doesn't like ATV's and snowmobiles..it's a huge crime.

Careful Steve, I tried riding in my backyard and had the Environmental Police show up..no ticket this time but...Mass. doesn't like ATV's and snowmobiles..it's a huge crime.

That is to bad. I am complaining but I know at least we have enough to ride the lakes.
My real joy is the family with grandkids(8) are coming and the Sno Scoots are both running and my son and sons in law will be here to celebrate a Covid delayed Christmas next week end so ALL IS GOOD.
Sure groomed trails will be better -soon I hope.

Joe, that’s unbelievable you cant even ride on your own property. My young grandkids can’t and shouldn’t ride the trails( I mean there could be SOME TYers flying down the trial) but can ride on our property and the lake with supervision .

Last edited:
I haven't put 1 mile on my 2021 Sidewinder. I could've done some ditch banging but decided I'd just wait.

Yamadoo,did you put the air ride skid in? I know you were thinking about it!

You cannot be serious. Is this a joke?

Yamadoo,did you put the air ride skid in? I know you were thinking about it!

Yes I did, can not wait to really ride it, right now I’m waiting for a new radiator fan. Last year my nephew hit a tree and nearly totaled the sled and after repair it kept over heating if idle or refreeze trails. I did not notice the radiator fan not working. While putting in the suspension it was noticed and so now I await a new fan motor as it was blowing fuses and NOT working. So cant comment on ride YET>>>>>>SOON:)

You cannot be serious. Is this a joke?
STAIN, I am completely serious..I got a verbal warning, the enviromental policeman said I would need to register my sled to ride on my own property...also, I have to be 150' from any dwelling. Massachusetts is not a ATV UTV friendly state. Years ago we could ride where ever we wanted around here...now, every kind of cop is looking to stop the fun. I feel sorry for kids trying to have some fun and stay out of trouble...trying to have fun in Ma. is trouble. Sad...

Back