• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Side panel plastic pin

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
So this plastic pin won’t stay in to install the side panel and cotter pin. Looks like some of the plastic broke out. Seem lame anyway. Thinking of riveting the plastic pin in place. Anyone have a fix for this?
1BAFF045-A053-4811-A5F1-AC52099F8450.jpeg

I just picked up a new pin for mine. I blew a belt and when I went to change it, my panel was missing. Turns out the belt took the side panel out. Found the belt on the trail (collected it and took it home not like other asshats) and the side panel about 30' into the woods. My pin snapped in half and I don't have any ovaling on the hole at all. Was told there were billet ones from AC for their RR sleds, but after thinking about it I opted for the plastic as I had no other damage. Maybe use a little RTV to hold it in place.

Took a 1 inch long bolt that friction fit hole 3/8ths I think....drilled a cotter pin hole in bolt...screwed into hole, black paint. Called it good.

The jb weld company also makes a 2part plastic weld that I've had very good results using.

Back