• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder 2.5inch vs 3inch muffler exhaust question.

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder MTX LE 50th
Hello,

I would have a great deal on a 3 '' TD Intimidator exhaust right now. My question is: what is the biggest difference between a 2.5 '' and 3 '' exhaust? Are there any restrictions to install a 3 '' (do we need to be in a specific HP range)? Currently, the snowmobile has a TD CAI, a DALTON clutch kit and a TD tune. I'll wait for your opinion (pro's & con's) before buying this exhaust and remake a tune by TD.

Thank you !

Noise!
I run a 2.5" Hurricane quiet trail muffler and tried a 3.5" Sandale Outlaw 1 on my sled this last week. What I noticed was a bunch more noise and no more power actually. All this talk about a bunch more power (like 10-15 HP). I didn't see it myself, I actually needed to take weight out of the clutch to get decent RPM. The Outlaw 1 is supposed to be same noise as the 3" Hyperflow and I believe that to be true as my bud has a 3" on his sled and gives him headaches when not wearing ear plugs. Way-way to loud for my taste on the trail. If your in the deep snow it will quiet a bunch for sure. I was hoping to see 15HP like some speak of, but Hurricane told me he didn't think I'd gain 5HP over his quiet trail muffler, guess he was right after all. I'm back to the Hurricane quiet trail muffler. The big pipe was no quicker or faster.

I run the 3" Sandale and its not that loud to me. I think it has a nice deep sporty tone, personally I cant have ear plugs in or I wont be able to listen to music or talk to my wife. Ear plugs are for old farts, I know as I am getting there very fast..LOL. 3" Sandale has been on now for 2 seasons. I think as far as power, hard to believe 2.5 makes more but it may.

Good ! I like it loud :) I only do OFF TRAIL so it will be perfect. I finally bought it !! Thanks everyone for your input.

Back