• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder btx 2.6 powerclaw and gearing

Windernation

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro
17 Sidewinder btx se
Just bought a sidewinder btx se and want to up grade the track for the mountains. Sounds like a 2.6 will fit with out changing drivers?? Do I need to change gearing and/or clutch weights to get it to perform well on the mountain? Let me know what you think of have done.

I have a Viper MTX Turbo that had a 2.6 powerclaw. I'm not sure if it will fit your sled...
I was told by the previous owner that my sled has xtx gearing. If anything it could have a little taller gearing. Absolutely no issue spinning that track at low speed or low rpm.. Top speed is a little low for my liking. I'd say the MTX gearing was stupid low.. You may need to buy a 7 tooth sprocket if you don't already have it.

The btx has 8 tooth drivers and will clear a 2.8 just bearly I ran a 2.5 last year with no issues and you will want to change to atleast BTX LE gearing which is 24/50 that will still get 100mph on trails but will perform well in the mountains and drop the tip weight to 3.1 gram rivet and possibly the mid also or your rpms will be low or gear down farther im gonna try 21/50 gearing next year. I ran 8600 rpm with stock weights 24/50 gears and 2.5in track at 10000ft.

I'm upgrading to a 2.5 track this year on my 18 BTX LE, I wouldn't think I would have to remove weight from the clutch on a sled with 200hp. In saying that I will be at sea level and not 10,000 feet.

Am I thinking right About this ?

I just looked it up and the 2.25" power claw is 47lbs and the 2.5" challenge extreme Is 51lbs.

Where would the best/cheapest place to get the Le gears? And I only need the 2 gears and the chain right? Or could I get closer to mtx gearing without changing to 7t drivers?

I'm upgrading to a 2.5 track this year on my 18 BTX LE, I wouldn't think I would have to remove weight from the clutch on a sled with 200hp. In saying that I will be at sea level and not 10,000 feet.

Am I thinking right About this ?
Yes at sealevel you will be fine

if you want you can run mtx gearing 21/49 with the mtx chain that will get you lower than the btx Le or I am gonna try 21/50 with the mtx chain on my sled this winter at elevation it will be a stretch to get it on but I think the chain will fit.
Where would the best/cheapest place to get the Le gears? And I only need the 2 gears and the chain right? Or could I get closer to mtx gearing without changing to 7t drivers?

if you want you can run mtx gearing 21/49 with the mtx chain that will get you lower than the btx Le or I am gonna try 21/50 with the mtx chain on my sled this winter at elevation it will be a stretch to get it on but I think the chain will fit.
Is there a noticeable difference between the 21/49 and the 21/50?

Is there a noticeable difference between the 21/49 and the 21/50?
Not much 95 vs 97 mph top end but I already have the 50tooth from my btx Le and have a 21 from asphalt racing so I might as well use them if I can

IMG_1080.PNG
IMG_1081.PNG
Just bought a sidewinder btx se and want to up grade the track for the mountains. Sounds like a 2.6 will fit with out changing drivers?? Do I need to change gearing and/or clutch weights to get it to perform well on the mountain? Let me know what you think of have done.
Not the best on the phone to see, home computer is best, i got these from my dealer.

i uploaded it from the computer, see if this is better? its a pdf file.

the sheets i got from the dealer are not the best either. pm me and i could email them to you also.

Attachments

• sidewinder gearing clutching chart.pdf
    543.9 KB · Views: 380

Back