• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder exhaust vents

13B1B964-1D36-4779-8718-0112A542A433.jpeg
16AA94F7-EFF5-41F4-B3AA-6C6DF4BC9929.jpeg
4DFDAA1F-9CA0-4E55-8575-E5344E4444EF.jpeg

Looking good! But I'm copying your prior sled with only some frogskinz. What made you ad the coarser screen beside it? I like the shocks on the Limited Edition SE model. :)

Looking good! But I'm copying your prior sled with only some frogskinz. What made you ad the coarser screen beside it? I like the shocks on the Limited Edition SE model. :)
Those are the MoFlo vents. Cleaner look and slightly more robust so to speak.. they allow even more air/slightly more holes..
The hole that's circled and the location on this one is right in front of primary clutch center/
Vent 2022.jpg
belt. Only draw back to this much venting is a belt blow will probably F up more plastic. Not planning on blowing any belts!

Only draw back to this much venting is a belt blow will probably F up more plastic. Not planning on blowing any belts!

Your not adding a belt guard inside? Some have holes where you have your top vent.

Your not adding a belt guard inside? Some have holes where you have your top vent.
I do have one laying around.. I just don't know if its going to work with the venting.. I don't want ANY interference with air flow. I ran 10k + miles without a belt blow. Not saying it cant happen.

If you Really want to evacuate a Lot of heat, install the MoFlow knee vents.

Warm air, being directed towards you, in a nice bonus.

If you Really want to evacuate a Lot of heat, install the MoFlow knee vents.

Warm air, being directed towards you, in a nice bonus.
I was very close to doing these vents and I would agree with you these would pull air.. ALSO they are located higher up? Heat rises?
I have knee pads i install right where those go.. I can not see those working for me.. other maybe but i like to tuck my knees in and push em into that area. One hard bump and my knees bust them?

Last edited:
I use the MoFlows in front of both the clutch and the muffler with strictly FrogSkinz now.

I ran only the Course screen only at first in front of the muffler side, but what I noticed is the snow still got thru there and would turn to steam quickly from the hot muffler in the snow and fog my goggles and windshield up. I cut the screen out and glued in FrogSkinz and problem solved.

On the clutch side I started with the course screen and the FrogSkinz two layer setup, and ended up cutting out the coarse screen because in certain snow conditions, the snow would get thru the coarse screen and get sandwiched between the coarse screen and FrogSkinz and plug the vent preventing airflow.

So now I run strictly FrogSkinz in the MoFlow to prevent snow entering BOTH sides of the front belly pan. No more coarse screen in front of the FrogSkinz.

I use the lower moflow vents but cut the entire hole out totally to match the vent. Makes a significant difference in airflow over drilled holes and with the vent installed its still very stout. Myprecision belt guard does hinder the flow but I drill a pile of holes in that too so air can flow through. Always have cool clutches and good protection from damage with guard. Will be getting the vents for the knees too but definitely will be drilling holes there to leave the plastic strong in case my knees end up in it.

Back