• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sidewinder fuel tank

indysnake1

Country
USA
Snowmobile
sidewinder
How much gas will a bone dry sidewinder gas tank hold.Owner papers say 8.9 thought they were 10 don't know never had mine empty.

This year, I ran out of fuel one time with my 2017 LTX LE at 122 miles. it took 9.2 gallons before burping the tank, then I got another .6 gallons, for a total of 9.8

I don't understand the smaller tanks in high horsepower sleds how many miles are you guys getting to a tank?

having to burb the tank every time you fill up is super lame. look like an idiot. design flaw in my opinion. wish they'd fix that!

Ski doo is the same way

Over 100miles. Maybe 120 B4 lite comes on. When lite comes on I can put about 7.5 gallons in with burb. But have no idea whats left.

having to burb the tank every time you fill up is super lame. look like an idiot. design flaw in my opinion. wish they'd fix that!

Ski-Doo has been the same since 2008. Cat has been the same since 12. Most gas station attendents even know enough to burp all the new sleds.

Ran out of gas at 113 riding hard. . Completely dry. Towed to gas station put in 9.4 gallons after burping.

When I bought my Sidewinder I was worried about fuel range after reading many posts here now I'm confident that it will go just as far as most sleds I ride with on a tank. When I was in Gaspe riding normal trail speeds 50-70 mph I filled up after 110 miles and my sled took 6.5 gallons of fuel. My wife's 1200 took exactly the same. I figure I could get 140 miles on a full tank easy and that's about as good as any sled I have owned. Now I know the mileage will suffer if you ride it like you stole it with many WOT pulls but if you need to get good mileage the SW will deliver.

When I bought my Sidewinder I was worried about fuel range after reading many posts here now I'm confident that it will go just as far as most sleds I ride with on a tank. When I was in Gaspe riding normal trail speeds 50-70 mph I filled up after 110 miles and my sled took 6.5 gallons of fuel. My wife's 1200 took exactly the same. I figure I could get 140 miles on a full tank easy and that's about as good as any sled I have owned. Now I know the mileage will suffer if you ride it like you stole it with many WOT pulls but if you need to get good mileage the SW will deliver.
That is great to know Joe....same as my 1200 will be nice. I know Danos Assault uses more then my 1200, and likes its oil too. I have heard that with a tune/flash the MPG can get even better too.

Yes,my buddy said when they came back to Houlton maine from Madawaska,it was at 120 miles and light was not on,and tank said 1/4 left,so the tune may very well help you out,as you are like 1/4 throttle to ride with most other sleds running 3/4 or more.

Few weeks ago, my fuel light went on and i figured i was good for another 30 miles like my apex, plus still had one bar on gage. I went exactly 5 miles and sled died.....empty!! Not much warning......needless to say, I was alone and had to walk. That sucked!!

Last edited:
Few weeks ago, my fuel light went on and i figured i was good for another 30 miles like my apex, plus but still had one bar on gage. I went exactly 5 miles and sled died.....empty!! Not much warning......needless to say, I was alone and had to walk. That sucked!!
Yah, my fuel light came on and I got 11 miles before she quit. Nothing like the Apex I found out too. Fortunately, I carry a Ski Doo gas caddy with the UNT single bracket and was able to go the remaining 12 miles to Halfway Haven!

Yah, my fuel light came on and I got 11 miles before she quit. Nothing like the Apex I found out too. Fortunately, I carry a Ski Doo gas caddy with the UNT single bracket and was able to go the remaining 12 miles to Halfway Haven!
I find the SW fuel gauge to be very accurate. I've had sleds where the low fuel light goes on when you still have a 4 gallons of fuel left. Then you don't even pay attention to it so what's the point. I've always gone by the mileage not the gauge anyway. My wife and I had 2011 and 12 Doo 1200's that showed a full tank at 80 miles then at 100 miles the gauge dropped like a rock right to almost empty. How useless was that.

Back