• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder oil tank and chain case on viper?

madsledder

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha
Has any one tried this? I am curious if it would fix oil leaking on roll over, oil light on when climbing issues of the viper. Plus you would get better approach angle and 8 tooth drivers.

There has been several Arctic Cat guys do the conversion on Snowest.

I know TKI will sell a belt drive for the Viper that will drop the driveshaft to allow for 8tooths. I was told 12 hours of time to do it. I also know there are kits to swap in a chaincase. I'm guessing the same or more time to do that swap.

As far as oil tank and such I'm not sure.

Ya I’ve seen the tki brackets. If it makes the oil light problem go away might be worth it. Tried looking it up and didn’t see any one having the problem on sidewinders.

Ya I’ve seen the tki brackets. If it makes the oil light problem go away might be worth it. Tried looking it up and didn’t see any one having the problem on sidewinders.

I’m not going to guarantee anything, but the electronics between the SW and the Viper is where you’re going to get the difference between the two. I only had one issue on my Viper with the light coming on, and it was a quart low on oil. My SW I don’t have an issue at all, however I’m not too fond of the factory roll over valve either.

Thanks for the reply. But sold the viper and baught a mtn cat. So awesome in the trees. I do have some viper turbo bits for sale if any one is looking. Intercooler pcv and auto tune.

Back