• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Primary clutch spring

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 146 2up touring
First Post: sorry if this has already been answered 100 times. Do Thundercat primary springs fit a sidewinder? I just can't seem to find this anywhere

no they do not
are there any other springs for other applications that fit the sidewinder clutch. Or do I have to get a sidewinder specific clutch primary spring. I only ask because the only ones i have found are the dalton. Im fine with dalton I was just hoping for more options.

yamaha has a huge selection of primary springs. the springs from apex's ,nytros, rx-1's etc all work in the sidewinder clutch. Dalton makes excellent springs and pricing is similiar to yamaha springs. Are you looking for a spring with the same engagement and peak rpms as the factory sidewinder spring?

My sled is a touring sled with a 146 track. i have only driven the sled a few miles the belt slips at engagement, every time. Though the belt is not broken in, it seems that the clutching is way off from the factory. I am about to put a tune in the sled. I would like to have a few options on primary springs for when i start trying to get the clutching dialed in. Planning on going up considerably on weight. The dalton green looks like it could be a good option. The blue looks too close to stock at engagement. The teal looks like it could be to much. Id prefer to get a few springs that were pretty similar, with slight variations on engagement and/or final. i know only one would be used in the end and the others will sit in a box but. Winters are short in maine, as you know. it takes to long to get stuff in the mail especially during the season.

I ordered from daltons retail site the other day(drivepower.ca) and it landed on my doorstep in 2 days. Thats your best bet if you want stuff quick.

Back