• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Problems and Warranty Items.

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
FYI: Remember if you having issues with your New Yamaha Sidewinders, please take them to the dealer. That's why you have a warranty. The dealer can register the problem with Yamaha so we all can benefit from an update or a bulletin about the issue. Without doing so the numbers will be skewed and there will be no changes due to lack of unreported problems. Posting the problems on the forums or social media is not the way to bring the issues to the attention of Yamaha sorry to say.

One of the reason I posted the above statement is that I have spoke to a few dealers and they have Zero reported problems withe rollers and or other issues that have been reported on the site. Thats not good if there is a problem that needs to be addressed. I tell you what anyone that is on the fence about purchasing a Sidewinder, go for it!! I have 800 miles on mines with no problems and I think there are more unit with no problems then with issues and the numbers at the dealers are showing this.

I have 1,500 miles on mine with no issues except it started to flat spot rollers. I took my helix off and sanded and repolished ramps so 3rd ramp not touching would touch and no further flat spotting. Everything else has been fine.

I have 1,500 miles on mine with no issues except it started to flat spot rollers. I took my helix off and sanded and repolished ramps so 3rd ramp not touching would touch and no further flat spotting. Everything else has been fine.

Thats awesome!!

I have 1700miles no issues other than my bent tunnel but that's not Yamahas fault I mounted weight on the back still on original rollers and replaced belt at 1100miles just because they are $65 great sled especially for a first year it's not a grand slam but definitely is a home run in the performance four stroke class of sleds!

I'm headed to the Gaspe, Quebec with Darkside Adventures for 2 weeks and should have 3,000 miles on by the time I get back. We'll see how she does.

I have L-TX-LE 1,200 miles
My friend has X-TX-LE 137 1,600 miles and both of us ZERO issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hadn't spoken to my dealer, only have 43 miles. I notified them that I lost one if the turbo bolts. I had ordered the bolt myself already and just was told it is backordered 'til end of Feb. I'll go crazy if my next ride is March! The dealer doesn't have any bolts but have some ordered. They are going to take a bolt off a floor model for me. They claimed they have only seen 3 out of 10 serviced with flat spots on rollers.

So far my sled is good to go. My dad's is at the dealer for the right hand warmer that either crapped out or didn't work from factory. If that's the only issue we end up with I'm happy :)

600 Miles on a LTX-LE, zero issues, lovin it. This after 16K miles on a Warrior & Apex. Wife has a 16 Apex XTX 1.25 and I can still ride both. I'm glad she likes her power steering! :)

Would be interested in hearing more about this. 43km on mine and I can see tiny flat spots. What sandpaper did you use and what did you finish with to polish? Did you sand the entire ramp or just the beginning where rollers contact?

I sanded entire ramp surface starting with 120 grit and finished with 320 followed by 400. It did not take much on mine to make 3rd roller contact. I have put on 1,000 miles sine I did this and it looks fine. I'm going to buy rollers from Ulmer when I get back from my trip.

One of the reason I posted the above statement is that I have spoke to a few dealers and they have Zero reported problems..........

This is the "go to" play out of the playbook for many dealers...no matter what OEM it is. I am not implying that these dealers are lying to you Mr. Sled. Us "normal owners" (not sure how to say this but I think you understand) are told this all the time.

The SW sounds like a WINNER so far! A few 1st year bugs that can be worked out. You owners with the bugs that are waiting on repairs don't want to hear this but........

I don't own one so please delete my post if you feel it's not relevant.

This is the "go to" play out of the playbook for many dealers...no matter what OEM it is. I am not implying that these dealers are lying to you Mr. Sled. Us "normal owners" (not sure how to say this but I think you understand) are told this all the time.

The SW sounds like a WINNER so far! A few 1st year bugs that can be worked out. You owners with the bugs that are waiting on repairs don't want to hear this but........

I don't own one so please delete my post if you feel it's not relevant.

The dealers I have spoke to are close friends of mine and dont lie to me..LOL

Back