• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder secondary clutch spacing

gweever78

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder
I have a 2017 Sidewinder, is anyone spacing they’re secondary at all. The reason I asking is I shredded a belt today. Thank god for the Prevost Belly Pan Protector. But I don’t want to keep doing this. Is anyone spacing?

I have a 2017 Sidewinder, is anyone spacing they’re secondary at all. The reason I asking is I shredded a belt today. Thank god for the Prevost Belly Pan Protector. But I don’t want to keep doing this. Is anyone spacing?
Make sure to check your offset, it explains it in the owners manual. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.

Thank you guys, it makes me think if I blow a belt and it was a dandy. Just don’t want to do that again. I’m grateful for just installing the Prevost belly pan protector from turbo dynamics the night before. Guys thank you, I’ll check the spacing in the morning. Wish you all a great holiday

Thank you guys, it makes me think if I blow a belt and it was a dandy. Just don’t want to do that again. I’m grateful for just installing the Prevost belly pan protector from turbo dynamics the night before. Guys thank you, I’ll check the spacing in the morning. Wish you all a great holiday
How many miles on the belt?

It was pretty loose. Was on and off pretty hard. It was a Gates Kevlar belt.

There's something going on there, you should not have blown that belt.

Make sure the washer is there behind the secondary.

I have had a lot of belt issues over the last 2 years and I have some more things you can check. Pm me if you want

This is the first sled that came with no spacers behind the secondary. That was weird to me. I will P.M. You during the day tomorrow. Good get up crazy early

This is the first sled that came with no spacers behind the secondary. That was weird to me. I will P.M. You during the day tomorrow. Good get up crazy early
There should be a spacer. There's been a few that have came without

It sounds like 2mm, I'll put one in tomorrow. I've never had any sled come without. Threw me off for sure

It sounds like 2mm, I'll put one in tomorrow. I've never had any sled come without. Threw me off for sure

My sled came without spacer as have many others. My offset is .595 and within spec for comparison. I too can blow belts on demand.

I think I'm going to try a 2mm spacer and see what happens, of I'm blowing belts now it can't hurt

my offset is in spec , i don't have a spacer , no blown belts yet , 2500 miles on td 280 hp set up ,

Back