• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder swaybar

SumpBuster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 sidewinder; 06 Apex RTX
Anyone know if there is an optional larger swaybar available? Thanks.

That's a very good question and am curious as well. Friday morning I was taking my sled off my lift to get ready for a 200 mile ride and I noticed my swaybar was broke. Since this was most likely my last weekend of the year, I wanted to still ride. The first 3 miles on trail was not fun as sled was super tippy. I pulled over and adjusted my Low Speed Compression on my Elka Stage 5's to full firm on my front shocks. That adjustment was awesome. Put just under 300 miles running this way for the weekend. Now time to take in to the dealer for some warranty repair.

That's a very good question and am curious as well. Friday morning I was taking my sled off my lift to get ready for a 200 mile ride and I noticed my swaybar was broke. Since this was most likely my last weekend of the year, I wanted to still ride. The first 3 miles on trail was not fun as sled was super tippy. I pulled over and adjusted my Low Speed Compression on my Elka Stage 5's to full firm on my front shocks. That adjustment was awesome. Put just under 300 miles running this way for the weekend. Now time to take in to the dealer for some warranty repair.
Thats all you can do. Ive broken a few 13mm bars on the apex and once had to put my 11 back in and what a difference. In a bad way.
I run soft fronts, with big swaybars. My apex was almost undriveable when I broke one, being that soft up front. I like the SW soft as well, and I know a stiffer bar will work for my style. Also, the ski had to lift about 4 inches before the bar started to pull on the opposite shock/spring from accumulated slop from the joints and swaybar plastic bushing. I shim the bushings and gently punch the outside of the heim joint to tighten them up. They are poor quality imo. Anyway, the oem bar is tight now and very little ski movememt will pull on the other side. Should get rid of excess roll. Its worked great on my vectors and apex. Much more predictable and flatter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220306-201356_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220306-201356_Gallery.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 226
I'm looking into make some sway bars this summer. I get alot of requests for them as the stock ones tend to break quite frequently.
Please do Travis! Sign me up! Thicker than stock though. Ill test em out!! Theres plenty of room inside for a thicker midsection, and either increase the diameter on the plastic suports, or just make the middle bigger? Not sure where they are breaking, but I am sure itll be a good part if you make it.

going to send a stock one out to get a rockwell test done to see what material grade the oem ones are and then go from there.
Excellent! Better than me running a bead of hard weld along it then!!! LOL
The heim joints are pretty cheesy too...ball joints quite loose. Maybe find an upgrade somewhere..I dont like loose sway bars. Makes the front unpredictable imo. They arent loose on cars and trucks!

Something lighter and stronger at a fair price and you will sell a good number IMO ….
Lighter? LOL....its so heavy I doubt that tiny bar would make any difference if it was made from lead!
Strong and substantial, and good price! Maybe one less slice pizza for me would cover a weight difference!

Yes probably won’t make a difference if you view it by itself .. but I was not thinking just a sway bar … More like a number of ways to reduce the 650 pounds this sled is tipping the scale and improve the durability in the same process… Thats all…

Yes probably won’t make a difference if you view it by itself .. but I was not thinking just a sway bar … More like a number of ways to reduce the 650 pounds this sled is tipping the scale and improve the durability in the same process… Thats all…
I hear you! But even if it lost a hundred pounds, still cant lift it stuck. My 73 skiroule was a little over 300 pounds. Seemed heavy when stuck too! Note to self...dont get stuck!! Let the crackable Doo bulkheads find all the rocks and stumps! 70 degrees yesterday, and heavy rain today, guess I dont have to worry.

Attachments

• 2018-03-03 11.56.44.jpg
    2018-03-03 11.56.44.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 195
I just replaced my broken stock sway bar last week. I too was wondering if there is one that's a little stiffer? I checked all Cat Cross Country and RR parts and that sway bar is the same. Thought one of those would be stiffer but not so. Seems like there is only one. $95 for Cat one.

I just replaced my broken stock sway bar last week. I too was wondering if there is one that's a little stiffer? I checked all Cat Cross Country and RR parts and that sway bar is the same. Thought one of those would be stiffer but not so. Seems like there is only one. $95 for Cat one.
I did see 2 different part numbers, think a different number on the zr6000 R. Should have written it down.
615 vs. 793 on the t cat. Almost all use the 793,but the R uses a 615?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220307-113951_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-113951_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20220307-113932_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-113932_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20220307-114028_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-114028_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_20220307-114042_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-114042_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
2703-615 is 11.1 mm diameter. (2018 ZR6000 R XC)
2703-793 (all ZR9000/TCats, RR, Cross Country, etc) is 12.7 mm diameter

So, this doesn't help. Travis, I'm routing for ya. Thanks in advance!

2703-615 is 11.1 mm diameter. (2018 ZR6000 R XC)
2703-793 (all ZR9000/TCats, RR, Cross Country, etc) is 12.7 mm diameter

So, this doesn't help. Travis, I'm routing for ya. Thanks in advance!
Afraid of that. Travis!!! Git er dun before I cant afford one due to gas price! LOL

Back