• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder TD power trail stock muffler tune

What about a mod stock muffler? I run Sandales mod stock and it is pretty quiet and makes decent power.
Unfortunately my stock muffler is gone so the muffler mod is out for now. Has anybody compared the Hurricane trail muffler to other 2.5" trail mufflers out there? Trying to get a feel for noise vs TD, Sandale, etc.. thanks

Is there a difference between the eco trail 250 to the power trail? I got the eco trail 250, cai, Dalton weights and SM. I haven't ridden it yet, but am wondering if it is worth getting the turbosmart bov

Is there a difference between the eco trail 250 to the power trail? I got the eco trail 250, cai, Dalton weights and SM. I haven't ridden it yet, but am wondering if it is worth getting the turbosmart bov
eco trail with stock muffler is 230hp, powertrail stock muffler is 250hp. eco trail with performance muffler is 250hp and powertrail with performance muffler is 265-275hp I believe, depending on which muffler you use. Neither of those tunes boost enough to need a turbosmart blow off valve but its not bad to have because some guys have reported their factory blow off valves leak at low psi and can lead to boost issues. This can be confirmed with a boost leak test.

Tunes from both TD and Hurricane have really changed in the past 3-4 years!
My first tune was a TD EcoTrail through my local Yamaha dealer. Those first tunes needed at least mod stock mufflers if not better breathing aftermarket mufflers, and did not have the knock light protection nor would they read Boost!

Back then my dealer was offering a 250 kit (Ecotrail) and a 270 kit (Powertrail). Kit included clutch machining a modifying your stock muffler! Of course, since then tunes have really improved with their knock protection, abilities to use your stock cluster for many readings, stock muffler and aftermarket tunes, bundles, etc etc!

It’s been a challenge to keep it all straight!

ya, I am really stunned that people put these tunes in years ago without knock protection. Seems crazy to me..

I just double checked and my dealer said that he put on the eco trail 250 tune. 230hp is enough for now lol, I really want a no maintenance no worry riding since I often get more than 400km/day. The eco trail must get better fuel economy, otherwise why have a power trail and an ecotrail Option?

Powertrail is better on fuel than ecotrail. The best TD tune for mpg is max spool 17 with a PM muffler, but requires bov, 3 bar map sensor, high volume fuel pump, and good fuel.

Best bang for the buck imo, is Powertrail with pm at 270 horsepower stock airbox. Simple tune/muffler and with gearing/clutching runs in the 130s. Needs 91 octane for those long pulls, but can trail ride on 87 in a pinch.

I have a Buddy with this combo who has 16,000 miles on his Tcat without issue.

I just double checked and my dealer said that he put on the eco trail 250 tune. 230hp is enough for now lol, I really want a no maintenance no worry riding since I often get more than 400km/day. The eco trail must get better fuel economy, otherwise why have a power trail and an ecotrail Option?

The sidewinder is not a no maintenance sled.

Do the top gear bushing, drive shaft wedge, clutch alignment at 58mm, cut the spacers on all 6 clamps on the throttle bodies, reroute the fuel return line to the fuel pump cover on tank, make sure all coolant hose clamps are tight.
Everything I just listed should be done on all sidewinders stock or tuned.

Back when the Ecotrail tune first came out, you could run 87 Octane in it unlike stock.

The sidewinder is not a no maintenance sled.

Do the top gear bushing, drive shaft wedge, clutch alignment at 58mm, cut the spacers on all 6 clamps on the throttle bodies, reroute the fuel return line to the fuel pump cover on tank, make sure all coolant hose clamps are tight.
Everything I just listed should be done on all sidewinders stock or tuned out ..have any pics of the fuel return line to fuel pump cover mod?

Todd Look up knock light causes thread. Pictures are posted in there.

Are you running stock muffler? I ask because there is no eco trail 250 for stock muffler, I am 100% positive of that. If its a 250 hp tune for stock muffler it is powertrail flash. The eco trail stock muffler is 230hp, this was the first flash I ever had on my winder.

Are you running stock muffler? I ask because there is no eco trail 250 for stock muffler, I am 100% positive of that. If its a 250 hp tune for stock muffler it is powertrail flash. The eco trail stock muffler is 230hp, this was the first flash I ever had on my winder.
LOL, i only know what the dealer texted me, and he said 250 eco trail. I have the stock muffler and cai. Only today did i find out what the difference between eco trail and power trail was....its no wonder i am so confused lol. Is there any way i can tell what i have without going to the dealer?

Back