• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder track ajustement HELP

Yamltx2018

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha sidewinder
hey i ajusted my track on m’y sidewinder but do you guys have any tip on how to have the track centered...thanks

very small changes to each side and make sure the rear wheels not too loose. Also be sure when hanging the rear that you hook it evenly in the middle.

Can't get my viper lined up at all.off to the right side.spent hours trying to center it .just going to ride it.

Can't get my viper lined up at all.off to the right side.spent hours trying to center it .just going to ride it.

It can be done but it sure is a pain. Small adjustments. 1/8 to 1/4 turn in and then 1/8 to 1/4 turn out on opposite side.

It can be done but it sure is a pain. Small adjustments. 1/8 to 1/4 turn in and then 1/8 to 1/4 turn out on opposite side.
Pain isn't the word for it lol.had my friend over who has been a snow tech for 30 years and we gave up after 2 hours .have tried countless hours and it is to the right side about 1/8 more than the left.maybe I have to get it off the stand and ride it then try again but have up.

Pain isn't the word for it lol.had my friend over who has been a snow tech for 30 years and we gave up after 2 hours .have tried countless hours and it is to the right side about 1/8 more than the left.maybe I have to get it off the stand and ride it then try again but have up.

That is close enough. Sometime I set the track tension on one side and then measure the adjuster bolt for the other side and just run with it especially if I am having that kind of an issue. I have had some that work out perfect.. that's when I scratch my head and say WTF.

Couple things to check:
-measure the distance from the center of each driver to the inside edge of tunnel on its respective side. Its not uncommon for drivers to be off center on drive shafts right from new
-check that the suspension is centered in the tunnel and also centered to the drivers...the center of the slides need to be dead center with the center of the drivers all the way back to rear of suspension

Some sleds need shimming and aligning depending on original quality control

Back