• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder trail tank

STAIN

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SIDEWINDER LTX GT
Has anyone tried the 12 gallon fuel tank from Trail Tanks? If so, how do they fit? I had one on my Nytro years back and the fit was "o.k."
I hate having to look for gas all the time on these saddlebag rides. It would be nice to stretch it out another30-40 miles

Has anyone tried the 12 gallon fuel tank from Trail Tanks? If so, how do they fit? I had one on my Nytro years back and the fit was "o.k."
I hate having to look for gas all the time on these saddlebag rides. It would be nice to stretch it out another30-40 miles

I would love to have 12 gallon tank! I just looked at the Trail Tanks. The one draw back looks like you won't be able to use the tunnel bag as storage, so may have to consider the Linq option for bags, etc. I bought the saddle bags which should provide some really good storage and then maybe a linq bag in the back. I wish our Sidewinders would have come with a 10 or 11 gallon tank. Maybe slightly taller tank would change the seat position to be a little higher, which I would actually like being 6'2".

Mountain Addiction 3 gallon can is what I use for extra fuel.

91862.jpeg

I think I am going to try the trail tank next year. With the price of new sleds, I might just as well pour the money into this one and make it just like I want.
I may then get the factory saddlebags or the Ski doo, Arctic Cat or Kimpex connect system

That looks like the BOP plate and brackets. I have them on my 129 as well.

I also had a Trail Tank on my Nytro.
I installed a 1.8 gallon RotoPax in my soft tunnel bag. Made a simple bracket out of 1" x 1/4" aluminum flat stock. Attached it to the tunnel with 2 bolts and tapped the bar for the fuel bracket. I also have the saddle bags for overnight trips.

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

:4STroke: :rocks:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 88
I have the 15L Linq can as well with a UNT single plate on my 129.

Standing that can on end, you can get a little over 17L in it.

That will bridge some gaps with fuel stops if required.
MS

I will do the trail tank in the late summer/fall.

Will do.
I feel just having the 12 gallon tank will be easier.

Back