• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder tunnel flares

ricks-rocket

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 yamaha sidewinder srx le eps
Going to add the tunnel flares to me new 2023 srx. My 2021 had them but not the 2023 srx. Anyone install these on your sidewinder with instructions. Thank you Rick

They come with rivets and instructions, pretty straightforward install.. I didn’t use the hardware that was included, I ended up using SS self tapping hex screws for inside the tunnel and SS machine bolt and locking nut for the one that mounts to the top side of the tunnel. This way it makes them much easier to remove if need to compared to rivets.

ok thank you for the advice. I will do the same
It’s been over 3 years since Ive put them on, the rivets they provide are 3/16”, if I remember correctly the machine screw I used was M5,
7FD728C8-647B-403A-BF8B-28548E40CA51.jpeg

I have a crack in one of mine. Was gonna replace it and use rivnuts and stainless bolts instead of the rivets

Rode my kids 129 and couldn't believe how.much I got smacked in the back.

Wonder how bad the catalyst will be

Will never own a catylist so I don’t have to worry about that one. Just way to ugly for my taste.

I have a crack in one of mine. Was gonna replace it and use rivnuts and stainless bolts instead of the rivets
You can use rivnuts but if you ever had to remove the bumper for whatever reason that would be a huge pain to do so, over kill imo,

Yes I think self taping screws and screw and nut in running board is the route I will go

You can use rivnuts but if you ever had to remove the bumper for whatever reason that would be a huge pain to do so, over kill imo,
The rivets that hold the flare on are perpendicular to the rivets that hold th bumper on so I don’t see any issues with that. If I ever had to take the bumper off I would try to reinstall that with rivnuts Probably only 3-4 per side. Extra work but I don’t mind. You gotta be careful with those tunnel flares they can crack if they get hit.

The rivets that hold the flare on are perpendicular to the rivets that hold th bumper on so I don’t see any issues with that. If I ever had to take the bumper off I would try to reinstall that with rivnuts Probably only 3-4 per side. Extra work but I don’t mind. You gotta be careful with those tunnel flares they can crack if they get hit.
I agree using rivnuts on other parts and accessories but not on the flares, it’s over kill for something that weighs a few grams lol.. i had rivnuts spin on me once trying to drill it out, not fun.. I’ve had mine on for 4 season without issues. JMO

Just received my flares kit holes do not line up with rivet in foot rail and supplied screws are too small to use in the predrilled holes So off to the hardware store to get supplies to make them work

Just received my flares kit holes do not line up with rivet in foot rail and supplied screws are too small to use in the predrilled holes So off to the hardware store to get supplies to make them work
Supplied screws ? Mine only came with rivets.. my mistake on earlier posts about removing the bumper, the flares only mount to the bumper.. these are the self tapping screws
7202FD8E-86B0-41B1-938E-DF25AEFE7F17.jpeg

Last edited:

Back