• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder VS 2-stroke

That's freakin cool!
On a different note, it takes a lot of hp to do that. No wonder winders are hard on belts!

Tarzan come on now, the title should read turbo vs non turbo.

Your just cheating a little. Lol

Great video!

First off, I'm a Yamaha guy. Got a 2014 Viper XTX and love it. Wheel came off on start of day trip. Borrowed my buddies Skidoo 850. Well my other friend was on this 2019 Sidewinder and i saw him lie down on seat as to race me. So since it wasn't my sled, i held it to the bars. Then i walked slowly by that Sidewinder. He and i were both shocked. (he's even 50lbs lighter than me, He said WOW) Not bashing, but WOW, and i would never get a Skidoo

First off, I'm a Yamaha guy. Got a 2014 Viper XTX and love it. Wheel came off on start of day trip. Borrowed my buddies Skidoo 850. Well my other friend was on this 2019 Sidewinder and i saw him lie down on seat as to race me. So since it wasn't my sled, i held it to the bars. Then i walked slowly by that Sidewinder. He and i were both shocked. (he's even 50lbs lighter than me, He said WOW) Not bashing, but WOW, and i would never get a Skidoo
Something doesn't add up here, my buddy has an 18 850 mxz 129 studded to the moon, I had 15 viper ltx dx 137 mpi turbo (4.5-6 psi) and 1.6 ice cobra track, I used to take him every time by 3 sled lengths, until he got a clutch kit, now we're pre much even, depends who gets traction out of the hole, sidewinder pretty much spins the track until 80 mph unless studded, we need more details

Something doesn't add up here, my buddy has an 18 850 mxz 129 studded to the moon, I had 15 viper ltx dx 137 mpi turbo (4.5-6 psi) and 1.6 ice cobra track, I used to take him every time by 3 sled lengths, until he got a clutch kit, now we're pre much even, depends who gets traction out of the hole, sidewinder pretty much spins the track until 80 mph unless studded, we need more details

It’s not even worth arguing about, a stock Winder has 50 horsepower on a Doo 850. If he couldn’t beat him his thumb was broken.

WOW is right ??? from what reports from Winder owners the 850 Doo was not even a concern when lining up with on a lake, is the truth slowly getting out now? if this is the case then the new 850 Polaris should really suck the stickers clean off a winder going down the lake, I new it was to good to be true, Winder owners have been misleading and stretching the truth about the power and speed all along, I was thinking about snow checking winder too...Polaris it is!

WOW is right ??? from what reports from Winder owners the 850 Doo was not even a concern when lining up with on a lake, is the truth slowly getting out now? if this is the case then the new 850 Polaris should really suck the stickers clean off a winder going down the lake, I new it was to good to be true, Winder owners have been misleading and stretching the truth about the power and speed all along, I was thinking about snow checking winder too...Polaris it is!

Lol.... I have lined up against Ski-Doo 850s, Apexs, Ctec2 Cat's with Jaws Pipe, PCV and the outcome is always the same. (Bone Stock SW)

Ski-doo 850 from 50mph roll to 100mph, 3-5 Lengths.
Ski-doo 850 from 20mph to 100mph, 5-7+ Lengths.

Its not a race, BS if this guy got walked by a 850 something is seriously wrong. Believe what you want to justify a Polaris 850, its not going to touch a Sidewinder.

True story Roost er your encounters are closer then what I have encountered. My turbo Viper with Hurricane 190 kit from a standing start will paddle both the 850's a$$ Ski Doo and Polaris they don't stand a chance. It only takes one person to post something that is far from the truth and the guys that don't know any better jump right on the band wagon. Buy your Polaris 850 and go find a Sidewinder and then let use know of the outcome it will be different than what your buddy Barry posted.

Well... i'm sure what Barry's posted happened, it is what it is, his buddies 850 doo is working pretty darn good I would say, the 850 Doo's and Poo's are pretty quick out of the hole, kinda sounds like your abit "nervous" with this new real world info finally being released.

So you guys are telling me the sidewinder is not the fastest stock snowmobile anymore, wtf I just got it dialed in perfect. Anyone interested in a 2017 ltx le, I have to spring check a 850

Back