• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder VS XRS VS 6000 vs renegade.

johnnysnowking

Extreme
Country
USA
I traveled from three lakes to Sault St Marie.
2177733f5cf6b1aa286a9badb04b3790.jpg

It a little while for me to get used to this sled for have been on ski doo for 6-7 years. I installed the C&A RZ skis with 9" shapers. I left them in the dust. And before I hear shut talking they can ride! We all can. This sled stayed flat around the corners and the ski doo's where hiking everywhere. I could fly and I only needed 1/4 to half throttle! In the tight woods I thought a would have been screwed but I'm dumbfounded. I was disappointed at first that it wouldn't even lift the skis now I get it. It's by design and I can now appreciate it. Now if I can just keep it from breaking down I will be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I traveled from three lakes to Sault St Marie.
2177733f5cf6b1aa286a9badb04b3790.jpg

It a little while for me to get used to this sled for have been on ski doo for 6-7 years. I installed the C&A RZ skis with 9" shapers. I left them in the dust. And before I hear shut talking they can ride! We all can. This sled stayed flat around the corners and the ski doo's where hiking everywhere. I could fly and I only needed 1/4 to half throttle! In the tight woods I thought a would have been screwed but I'm dumbfounded. I was disappointed at first that it wouldn't even lift the skis now I get it. It's by design and I can now appreciate it. Now if I can just keep it from breaking down I will be ok.

I think I saw your group in Grand Marais while fueling up! Was in the Soo last Sunday night myself. Tell us more please.

This was taken in Paradise,Mi and guy walked in asking if I was Sidewinder looking for a belt. I told him to give Sidewinder guy a 8dn. Since he hadn't found a 8jp yet.
B35ACB46-E836-42A5-B8B0-8B644A32BDDF.jpg

Or here?
E6D7A7B9-DA61-42FC-848C-5328638F0864.jpg

This was taken in Paradise,Mi and guy walked in asking if I was Sidewinder looking for a belt. I told him to give Sidewinder guy a 8dn. Since he hadn't found a 8jp yet.
View attachment 125670
Or here?
View attachment 125671

I was in paradise but not that store. Lol. I broke down a couple hours after. Chain case leaked out all the oil and I blew it. The group was able to continue I had to have my wife come get me from 6 hours away.

I had a hard time understanding the suspension and the way it was meant to handle. My group gave me crap in the beginning then they started to blame there handling and poor snow conditions.

I was in paradise but not that store. Lol. I broke down a couple hours after. Chain case leaked out all the oil and I blew it. The group was able to continue I had to have my wife come get me from 6 hours away.

sucks about chain case! Your dealer or you figure what happened? Just leaked out, but why

Thnaks

Always been a weak point IMO, that chaincase. I had hoped they redesigned it since 2012 when mine leaked all the time. Y0u really need to keep eye on these, and your levels closely.

Out of all the items on these sleds that I always worried about back in 2012, the chaincase is tops. With much of the sled being so much better now, I hoped the Yam engineers would work on the case too. Im guessing it has not changed much?

It could be the assembly process too, just not getting a proper seal when put together?

sucks about chain case! Your dealer or you figure what happened? Just leaked out, but why

Thnaks

Lots of random codes even said the rollover switch had been activated a few times even though I clearly did not roll it. Clutch rollers were trashed. They don't know why it leaked yet. It's the second time st the dealer for problems. One more time and it's there's.

I had my chain case apart for the track swap and it looked fine with no leaks afterward. It has a rubber O ring gasket around it like our Doo's and when you put it together you need to make sure it is lined up properly and slowly tighten the bolts all around the cover. If you don't take your time or you over tighten them you can get a bad seal and it will leak. I've seen guys start to tighten up the upper bolts before the bottom and then the cover distorts and doesn't seal at the bottom. That's why I never do stuff like this when I'm in a hurry because bad things can and will happen.

I had my chain case apart for the track swap and it looked fine with no leaks afterward. It has a rubber O ring gasket around it like our Doo's and when you put it together you need to make sure it is lined up properly and slowly tighten the bolts all around the cover. If you don't take your time or you over tighten them you can get a bad seal and it will leak. I've seen guys start to tighten up the upper bolts before the bottom and then the cover distorts and doesn't seal at the bottom. That's why I never do stuff like this when I'm in a hurry because bad things can and will happen.

This is why I bought the 5 year warranty

Man that whole magnesium case is the weakest link on these procross sleds. ALWAYS has been. You got it Rockerdan it really has not changed much. Its just the material is light (great) but its weak, and guys have to very careful with torque and just loosen the screws(all the same) enough to get fluid out. then work way around and JUST snug them all up first.. then make another round starting with first snug(bottom two for me) and torque. That seal/gasket and case need to be perfect. Just cant figure out why not just put a drain plug in it! Probably the Magnesium material(don't want more holes in it) .. Brittle material?
The seal on my winder was bad and leaked engine oil @350 miles.. Its not the greatest design(the whole Magnesium case) But if they would just refine it a little maybe?

BY NO MEANS implying johnnysnowking did anything wrong to your chaincase!

I installed the C&A RZ skis with 9" shapers.

How heavy does the steering feel with the 9" shapers? I have the 6" shapers on the same skis on an XTX LE and the steering was incredibly heavy and hard to turn the bars at times. Maybe it's a chassis thing relative to the XTX LE and the uncoupled skid?

How heavy does the steering feel with the 9" shapers? I have the 6" shapers on the same skis on an XTX LE and the steering was incredibly heavy and hard to turn the bars at times. Maybe it's a chassis thing relative to the XTX LE and the uncoupled skid?
The uncoupled skid should give you lighter steering than the coupled. Those C&A skis are very aggressive and will steer awesome but there is no way you can make them steer light. I know a guy named Popeye and he loves them but he is always eating spinach so I think that's the secret.

I had no issues. But I like it to be on the tighter side. It's because of my racing days. But where I point I go.

Back