• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder VS XRS VS 6000 vs renegade.

Man that whole magnesium case is the weakest link on these procross sleds. ALWAYS has been. You got it Rockerdan it really has not changed much. Its just the material is light (great) but its weak, and guys have to very careful with torque and just loosen the screws(all the same) enough to get fluid out. then work way around and JUST snug them all up first.. then make another round starting with first snug(bottom two for me) and torque. That seal/gasket and case need to be perfect. Just cant figure out why not just put a drain plug in it! Probably the Magnesium material(don't want more holes in it) .. Brittle material?
The seal on my winder was bad and leaked engine oil @350 miles.. Its not the greatest design(the whole Magnesium case) But if they would just refine it a little maybe?

BY NO MEANS implying johnnysnowking did anything wrong to your chaincase!

On my Z06 the engine cradle is magnesium and it had to be sleeved where every bolt was so it didn't have a metallurgical reaction. Magnesium is a finicky bit$& !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The uncoupled skid should give you lighter steering than the coupled. Those C&A skis are very aggressive and will steer awesome but there is no way you can make them steer light. I know a guy named Popeye and he loves them but he is always eating spinach so I think that's the secret.

My buddy has C&A's on his 136 MPI charged Apex with a nailed up Cobra track. Turns on a dime but steers hard. This past fall he gave the skis to me to take them to my work and have my machinist buddy mill the keels down a good 1/2". We'll see how that works in a couple weeks when we are in Michigan.

My buddy has C&A's on his 136 MPI charged Apex with a nailed up Cobra track. Turns on a dime but steers hard. This past fall he gave the skis to me to take them to my work and have my machinist buddy mill the keels down a good 1/2". We'll see how that works in a couple weeks when we are in Michigan.
His name wouldn't be Popeye by any chance would it?

I have zero problems with this stock suspension settings and the CA RZ 's and 9" shapers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back