• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinders and Mr. Sled are both awesome!

SidewinderConvert

4-Stroke Rookie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'18 Sidewinder XTX-SE
Finally got my 2018 out for a full weekend and had my first (mostly) trouble free trip thanks to some (ok, maybe more than just some) help from Mr. Sled rebuilding it. Previously I had coolant leaks, continuously blown belts and studs breaking off which all killed trips. The biggest issue all weekend was the speedo fell off the chain-case.

The coolant on the machine would leak as soon as I shut it off. This turned out to be a broken exhaust clamp from the header to the turbo below the gas tank!!! What surprised me is the machine wasn't unbearably loud, quieter than a stock 900cc two stroke.

If I did more than 1/2 mile at wide open the belt would blow. After resetting the stub shaft and advice from Thunder Products we set the offset to ~57-58 mm depending on what time we measured. I ran 820 miles this weekend without a belt issue. A couple times I ran 10-15 miles at 90+ mph without issue. I will replace the belt before the next weekend just to be on the safe side though.

After fixing all the above issues all I can say is wow! Corner to corner performance on this machine is insane! Running stretches of trail where my 900 2-smoke would top out at 60-70mph before braking for the next corner I was seeing 70-90mph speeds!

Finally got my 2018 out for a full weekend and had my first (mostly) trouble free trip thanks to some (ok, maybe more than just some) help from Mr. Sled rebuilding it. Previously I had coolant leaks, continuously blown belts and studs breaking off which all killed trips. The biggest issue all weekend was the speedo fell off the chain-case.

The coolant on the machine would leak as soon as I shut it off. This turned out to be a broken exhaust clamp from the header to the turbo below the gas tank!!! What surprised me is the machine wasn't unbearably loud, quieter than a stock 900cc two stroke.

If I did more than 1/2 mile at wide open the belt would blow. After resetting the stub shaft and advice from Thunder Products we set the offset to ~57-58 mm depending on what time we measured. I ran 820 miles this weekend without a belt issue. A couple times I ran 10-15 miles at 90+ mph without issue. I will replace the belt before the next weekend just to be on the safe side though.

After fixing all the above issues all I can say is wow! Corner to corner performance on this machine is insane! Running stretches of trail where my 900 2-smoke would top out at 60-70mph before braking for the next corner I was seeing 70-90mph speeds!

Your welcome!! It was fun few nights after work :) Just nice to see you smile when you tape the throttle and to have the confidence back that the winders are really great sleds when set up correctly.

They really are great machines once you get the few kinks out. It seems like after that you keep a close eye on a few things but generally your good to go! Great post. Nice to see someone helping another

Back