• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinders on asphalt April 23rd, Mid Michigan Motorplex

NOS-PRO

"The Burnman"
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, SR Viper XTX, SR Viper XTX, 2016 Apex XTX and Pro-Line Pro Stock 1000
Shagman, myself and another (just keeping his name secret in case he didn't want it posted) went to Mid Michigan Motorplex for the MSADRA snowmobile race, #1 of 5 races scheduled.

3 winders

Shagman - Aftermarket suspension, 136 track, thunder clutching, 23/38 gearing, EVO stage 3 and EVO exhaust
High 9's/low 10's spinning the track in the 1/4 mile. 1/8th mile times were not too bad....but lots of improvement left.

My winder - stock suspension lowered, 136 track, thunder and OSP clutching, 22/40 gearing, EVO stage 4 and EVO exhaust. High 9's/low 10's not spinning, but had my clutching so low that it took forever for the sled to build boost. 1/4 mile speeds close to 128mph. Lots of improvement left.

Other winder - Aftermarket suspension, 136 track, special clutching, 21/41 gearing (stock), EVO stage 4 and aftermarket exhaust. His 1/8th mile times were just as quick as my SRX set up for asphalt and was 5.9's which comes out to be very low 9's in the quarter mile. No spin and was great to see the potential these winders have. He would have run the winder the full 1/4, but ran out of gear.

We are having fun with these winders and will get these all dialed in to run low 9's consistently :)
What's cool is 3 sleds and we can judge by each others sled what works and what doesn't.

What helix did you try that it wouldn't spool up quick enough?

I live in mid Michigan if you guy race there again let us know. I will try and make it to watch. Nice Job as usual!

Sounds like a good start to the season. Lots to look forward to. When does the WIR season start?

What helix did you try that it wouldn't spool up quick enough?

I tried the 33/35 which should have spooled up fast....but believe the warmer weather plays a factor, plus the very low engagement needs to be played with.

Sounds like a good start to the season. Lots to look forward to. When does the WIR season start?

WIR started last weekend. But I am not racing the points series there. I might go and watch or even make a run....but running the points races in Michigan. Payout so much more and better conditions.

Shagman, myself and another (just keeping his name secret in case he didn't want it posted) went to Mid Michigan Motorplex for the MSADRA snowmobile race, #1 of 5 races scheduled.

3 winders

Shagman - Aftermarket suspension, 136 track, thunder clutching, 23/38 gearing, EVO stage 3 and EVO exhaust
High 9's/low 10's spinning the track in the 1/4 mile. 1/8th mile times were not too bad....but lots of improvement left.

My winder - stock suspension lowered, 136 track, thunder and OSP clutching, 22/40 gearing, EVO stage 4 and EVO exhaust. High 9's/low 10's not spinning, but had my clutching so low that it took forever for the sled to build boost. 1/4 mile speeds close to 128mph. Lots of improvement left.

Other winder - Aftermarket suspension, 136 track, special clutching, 21/41 gearing (stock), EVO stage 4 and aftermarket exhaust. His 1/8th mile times were just as quick as my SRX set up for asphalt and was 5.9's which comes out to be very low 9's in the quarter mile. No spin and was great to see the potential these winders have. He would have run the winder the full 1/4, but ran out of gear.

We are having fun with these winders and will get these all dialed in to run low 9's consistently :)
What's cool is 3 sleds and we can judge by each others sled what works and what doesn't.

Gearing correction 26/48 in my sled. I ran between 6.20 and 6.25 in the 1/8 mile @ 114-116 mph. only ran a couple passes of full 1/4 mile 9.98-10.05 @ 126-129 mph. Like Nos said I was spinning some but have made changes to fix that problem. Thunder primary clutching and 35 deg stock helix.

Gearing correction 26/48 in my sled. I ran between 6.20 and 6.25 in the 1/8 mile @ 114-116 mph. only ran a couple passes of full 1/4 mile 9.98-10.05 @ 126-129 mph. Like Nos said I was spinning some but have made changes to fix that problem. Thunder primary clutching and 35 deg stock helix.
Try the 33/35 ,it WILLrev faster .

Try the 33/35 ,it WILLrev faster .

I'm not having rpm issues. Mine is actually spinning off the line. That is why I haven't went to the 33/35 yet. Going to taller gears and some suspension changes should fix that. Then I will try 33/35. I know Terry's bogged off the line but he only had time to run it once or twice. I think it was just a fluke thing. He needs a test session with it. I've run mine twice now and it's getting better every time. Just need time to test. You can't test and make changes when bracket racing because of dial in times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got my sled back from the dealer today after a month of waiting I'll be getting my asphalt setup installed tomorrow may 13 isn't gonna work but I'm hoping to make the June race in MI

what rpms are you running with evo 3 tune? if its 9000 or better,that gearing should net you 129-132 at 9000,and that's getting it done. I am surprised you guys are out of gear in less than 1/4 mile with stock 21/41 you guys are not getting any O.D. with stock gears? At any rate,sounds like you three are off to a very good start,and all three are running stock skids,with just a standard asphalt track?

what rpms are you running with evo 3 tune? if its 9000 or better,that gearing should net you 129-132 at 9000,and that's getting it done. I am surprised you guys are out of gear in less than 1/4 mile with stock 21/41 you guys are not getting any O.D. with stock gears? At any rate,sounds like you three are off to a very good start,and all three are running stock skids,with just a standard asphalt track?

Running 8900-9000 rpm. 10 tooth 2.52 drivers which is 115 mph without overdrive. I'm at 129 mph in 1/4. 14 mph overdrive is pretty good. I'm running an aftermarket skid. Pro Stock Inc. next gearset going in is 27/43. Hope to pull 135-140 mph in 1/4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0663.JPG

Sled is ready for testing running 24/38 gearing and waiting for Lon at Thunderproducts to get more clutch kits in stock!

Back