• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons and bergstrom triples

otis

Expert
I just ordered bergstrom triple carbides for my simmons flexiskis. I previously had both 6" and 4" carbides and never could figure out which side each should go on to avoid darting. Others in the past have advocated that the longer carbide go on the outside of the ski on the RX-1. The simmons webside directly mentions the inside ski is the place to put the longer carbide. I have heard from others including someone on this site quoting Simmons stating the outside is best for the longer carbide on the RX-1.

Now with that said Scott Bergstrom directly said to put the longer 8" triple carbide on the inside and a single 4" carbide on the outside. Are you as confused as I am?

So my question is where would you all put the longer triple carbide inside or outside of the ski?

Otis

i put mine on the inside and the outside, didnt see much difference. i must admit they were both 6" carbides. reguardless of where you place them you still have 12"s cutting in 8-4, 6-6 that thing will turn good. ;)!

Back