• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons skis or Snowtrackers ?

superfan75

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX Warrior
Hey guys I have an 04 Warrior with an Attack rear suspension. I got a set of Simmons Flexi skis for it to help with darting. They have helped, but I'm not totally sold on them. I have a BOP MPS kit to help with steering effort which is better. The machine still darts some and just doesn't turn great. So my question is I'm thinking of getting some bergstrom triple points for my Simmons skis. Or would I be better getting Snowtrackers for my Warrior skis ? I want easy steering, good handling, and no darting. I'm a trail rider, not aggressive most of the time, but sometimes. I posted here because I thought there may be more response than the rx forum for basically the same chassis. I thank you for any help.

You will get lots of opinions but I’ll say Snow trackers.. I had them on my 07 apex and my 11 apex and now dialling them in on my sidewinder.

Snowtrackers for your stock single keel skis! That's the best setup there is in my opinion. I'm thinking about switching my sidewinder to an older set of single keels with trackers.

I was wondering if that would be my best bet. I've read a lot of good things about the Snowtrackers. Thanx guys its great to get advice from someone who has tried them already. Then I can spend my money wisely.

Although I have read nothing but good things about snow trackers, I run the Simmoms II skis on my RX-1 with the Bergstrom triple points. Don't ride it enough to justify switching but one thing I loved about the Simmons over the stock ski was how much the Simmons skis helped get the skis on top of the snow when running in deep snow conditions. The only time I didn't like the Simmons was in the slush snow conditions where the ski did't have a keel to bite. Still have the stock skis so maybe someday I will give the snow trackers a shot when it comes time to eventually replace the Bergstroms which by the looks of them, will be quite some time.

I have snowtrackers on my stock sidewinder love them i have installed them on al my and the wifes sleds best money i have ever spent on a aftermarket accesorie

I had the tuner skis with snowtrackers were good on the groom trail but sunk bad in the deep, also later in the season when conditions get soft they would push bad in the turns even with the trackers, I switched skis to the VK Pro skis for the deeper keel and 7" width and installed aggressive snow trackers, once I dialed them in they work really well in all conditions, where 60% of the time I am on ungroomed trails, these skis float a lot better then the tuners in the deeper snow, some owners also switch to the mountain ski which has the same keel profile and width with very good results, if you are thinking about trying another ski and snowtrackers you may want to consider this set up.

Although I have read nothing but good things about snow trackers, I run the Simmoms II skis on my RX-1 with the Bergstrom triple points. Don't ride it enough to justify switching but one thing I loved about the Simmons over the stock ski was how much the Simmons skis helped get the skis on top of the snow when running in deep snow conditions. The only time I didn't like the Simmons was in the slush snow conditions where the ski did't have a keel to bite. Still have the stock skis so maybe someday I will give the snow trackers a shot when it comes time to eventually replace the Bergstroms which by the looks of them, will be quite some time.

That is one thing that made me leary about switching back to the stock skis even though I've heard good things about the Snowtrackers. The Simmons skis are wider and will hold the front up better. Although I usually don't ride in deep snow with it. There are probably better skis out there,but Snowtrackers on the oem ski or Bergstrom TPS for the Simmons ski will be my budget. Did the Bergstrom's make the Simmons skis better ?

Thank you everyone. It really does seem like people love the Snowtrackers. How did you set up the Mono suspension to work with them ? They show how to do it on a conventional two shock suspension. Do you just let the limit strap out and set the preload on the front shocks ?

Yes, let the limiter strap out all the way or second last hole what ever suits the sled, set your skis to zero on your tow in, unload your front shocks springs to softest setting then start adding ski pressure to dial it in, a little bit of trial and error to get it where it suits your riding style.

I think I might be leaning towards Snowtrackers. I have time to think about it since our riding is done here. I was thinking about upgrading to an Apex, but I got my wife her first ever sled and an enclosed trailer. So I'm going to run the Warrior a couple more years. If I can make a couple of upgrades and be happier it will be worth it to get her and our daughter into to. I think I might get a WRP seat to.

Bergstroms on your orginal warrior skis. your still going to get darting and push in the corners from the Snow trackers, also Snow trackers dont turn very good on pavement.

The only time I have ever heard of snowtrackers following other tracks was when the Burgstrom shims were left in or alignment was not at 0. Do not shim snowtrackers or they wont work! The aggressive trackers on a single keel ski bite like nothing else out there. The only negative is the aggressive ones can be actually to aggressive in the right situation.

The only time I have ever heard of snowtrackers following other tracks was when the Burgstrom shims were left in or alignment was not at 0. Do not shim snowtrackers or they wont work! The aggressive trackers on a single keel ski bite like nothing else out there. The only negative is the aggressive ones can be actually to aggressive in the right situation.

Snow trackers don't work for me. I have 2 set for sale, A Tuners 3's set and single Yamaha ski keel set.

Back