• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski and skeg combo's

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RSvector
Hey All. I'm currently riding a 2006 Nytro with Woody's slim Jims on the stock skis. Sled handles better than ever, but I was wondering what best ski combo for this skeg Is? Or if have any recommendations for a better ski skeg combination? Thanks in advance.

Ive tried 4or 5 different skis and just as many different types of carbides. On both my apex and my viper.
By far my favorite combination that works well in every trail condition is stock skis with snow trackers.

Tuner's with 4" and 6" carbides on my Apex. Stock skis and 8" Bergstrom's Triple points on The wife's Apex.

this is a can of worms waiting to burst open but ill bite as I have spent a small fortune on this and for ME and MY ridding the stock single keel ski with aggressive snowtrackers has been the best.

Honestly this topic has been discussed many times. Try a search on it and you will see there are many different opinions.
It all comes down to what you like. There is no magic combo that works for everyone.

this is a can of worms waiting to burst open but ill bite as I have spent a small fortune on this and for ME and MY ridding the stock single keel ski with aggressive snowtrackers has been the best.
Me 3 on STs for Apex XTX

Stock skis with aggressive SnowTrackers, don't waste your time and money on anything else, "just say'n".

Ive tried 4or 5 different skis and just as many different types of carbides. On both my apex and my viper.
By far my favorite combination that works well in every trail condition is stock skis with snow trackers.

Ditto.

I have read this year after year and this year for my new to me Apex I will be going Snow trackers aggressive. just so I can say I ve tried them and compared them. I am excited as all seem to swear by them.

OK, been reading these threads when they come up, I run 8" Stud Boy Shapers, stock skis, on my 09 Nytro RTX, love them.. 6" dually's on my wifes Apex. I think they suck but she says they ok, would like to try something different for her, "easier steering". How do the ST's hold up on road crossings an such? Or Bergstrom Triple points?

Hey All. I'm currently riding a 2006 Nytro with Woody's slim Jims on the stock skis. Sled handles better than ever, but I was wondering what best ski combo for this skeg Is? Or if have any recommendations for a better ski skeg combination? Thanks in advance.
My 06 apex is the best ever, with years of trials,and the last thing was slim jim dualies on my curve skis. Tracks straight, hands off the bars, low turning effort, and the push is predictable, unlike other duallies. A pleasure to ride hard and fast.

OK, been reading these threads when they come up, I run 8" Stud Boy Shapers, stock skis, on my 09 Nytro RTX, love them.. 6" dually's on my wifes Apex. I think they suck but she says they ok, would like to try something different for her, "easier steering". How do the ST's hold up on road crossings an such? Or Bergstrom Triple points?
I didn't like the ST'S on road crossings and gas stops. Bergstroms you will get the most miles, we have TP's on our spare 06 Apex which our kids ride a couple weekends a season, they don't complain about hard steering after 100 mile days. The wife has a 13 Apex w/power steering.

Snowtrackers do lighten the steering load allot they last a long time I get 2 hard seasons per set.

SnowTrackers hold up well on road crossings. Will last from 3000 to 5000 miles(aggressive ST's) for groomed trail riding. Turning on bare pavement not so good. That's why I have ski wheels, for gas station stops that have large areas of bare pavement. Drive around like a car while everyone else wrenches their backs out. They may not look cool, but I'm way beyond that. Have also run TP's with ski shimming, and they definitely are second place to the ST's. Like comparing apples and oranges.

Back