• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski and skeg combo's

they don't steer good on dry pavement going forward this is true but they turn real well in reverse. I do plan to get a wheel kit mainly to make them last even longer seems I always wind up some where that you have to ride a road edge for a mile or so and with the mild winters there has not been much hard pack. What wheel kit do you have? would you recommend them?

Yep I had TPs too and were ok but Aggressive STs on Apex XTX much better....no push at all when set up correctly never had any problems with railroad xing just square up and go. The bare pavement turning is a thing you adjust for and not much problem for me. TPs will do the same as they wear like any carbide. I buy STs because they handle so well on the trail...riding behind a bud on Apex SE with studboy dualies and I could have passed him on the right in twistys just did not have the sharp handling I had...I felt sorry for him he had to put so much more effort into steering an I could have passed him had a much faster pace but hung back. You have no idea how good STs are until you own a pair and get on a buds butt in Twistys and compare speed ,effort and corner push then you know STs are the best on stockers.

What about the snow trackers for the tuner skis?

What about the snow trackers for the tuner skis?

great ? I have tuners on some Vectors in family fleet and wonder about this.

I have heard they help but don't fully fix the tuner ski problems but with not having to pay for skis and snow trackers they are prolly as good as it gets for those skis. I would contact Travis (Barn of parts) I bet he has a few stock skis in stock with all his parts he has and he sells snowtrackers too. get a combo deal from him.

Re 2011 & newer Apex's & Vectors.

Aggressive Sno Trackers on 2010 & earlier stock ski's is the best.

Semi aggressive & 2011 & newer skis second best.

they don't steer good on dry pavement going forward this is true but they turn real well in reverse. I do plan to get a wheel kit mainly to make them last even longer seems I always wind up some where that you have to ride a road edge for a mile or so and with the mild winters there has not been much hard pack. What wheel kit do you have? would you recommend them?
I highly recommend Rollerski wheels from Qualipieces. Have tried two other types as well(Retrax, & Ski-Wheelz) but these are the best engineered ski wheels imo, and I like them a lot. The only weak point is the rubber O-ring that acts as a shock absorber when the wheels snap back to the upright position, as they only last a season and are fairly expensive if you buy replacements from them. I'm sure there is an aftermarket O-ring that can be purchased somewhere else.

Re 2011 & newer Apex's & Vectors.

Aggressive Sno Trackers on 2010 & earlier stock ski's is the best.

Semi aggressive & 2011 & newer skis second best.

Why semi on 2011 and newer? What is the difference in the skis?
I have a 2013 xtx with stock skis and was ready to order the aggressives.
Why should I not?

New single keel stock Apex skis not expensive. I'm not sure how well Aggressive Sts work on other skis but best ever on single keel stockers. If I broke a ski and could not buy single keel stockers as replacement then I would have to post what ski to use with STs.

Re read his post there Mark. ;)
Semi agg is second best. First place is Aggressive.
he may be referring to the overaggressiveness on 2012 and newer skis. they moved the spindle placement on the skis in 2012. ST has made adjustments for this just make sure you are getting the ones for your year and you will be golden.

he may be referring to the overaggressiveness on 2012 and newer skis. they moved the spindle placement on the skis in 2012. ST has made adjustments for this just make sure you are getting the ones for your year and you will be golden.

Oh I did not know of the spindle change. Sounds like I can still go Aggressive on the 13 just need to let ST dealer know its a 13. Got it. Thanks guys

it was the spindle location on the ski so the ski changed a little. I run aggressive on my 12 love them

Thanks gives me more confidence going aggressive as well

We have 2 2012 Apex XTX using aggressive STs...just follow install instructions and reapply ski pressure to fine tune. I have zero push and no darting my bud has a little push ...I guess he likes it easy to get rid of thru transfer rod tweak.

Back