• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski-doo vs Yammi

The most wins.Unless its golf or SERVICE bulletins!! My friend has lost count for his black and yellow baby.

I was also beat by 800 xp i have rtx o7 ulmer clucth kit and hacksaw 14 inc. x 121inch. the only time i win is on long pull 1500 fetts or more

snolover said:
I was also beat by 800 xp i have rtx o7 ulmer clucth kit and hacksaw 14 inc. x 121inch. the only time i win is on long pull 1500 fetts or more

That's because you have a 1" track on it? You need a Cobra track. I'm not sure why you would have a 1" hacksaw, when the RTX is geared to only do 114mph, unless you geared it up. If you did, you went backwards, at least on snow. On ice you need to run a higher gear.

I have an 06 apex and an 800xp beat me everytime in the 1/4 and mine is no slouch....xp has the same hp, if not more and weighs at least 100lbs less. So, I have to agree with Kevin. Glad to hear I'm not the only guy getting beat by a yellow sled!

apex06 said:
I have an 06 apex and an 800xp beat me everytime in the 1/4 and mine is no slouch....xp has the same hp, if not more and weighs at least 100lbs less. So, I have to agree with Kevin. Glad to hear I'm not the only guy getting beat by a yellow sled!

Apex06 and Kevin, out of curiosity...what were the conditions you guys were racing the xp in? And--did/do you have studs?

I have learned to "pick my fights" per say when racing the Apex. The 121" Apex with the ripsaw track just doesnt do well (for me at least) in any kind of loose snow, deep snow or even that heavy slushy stuff as well. Unless the snow was HARD pack that ripsaw just didnt want to hook up at all. From what I have learned (I could be wrong--I am no expert) is that the ripsaw is a softer track and the lugs will bend over easier and allow the studs to penetrate a 'hard' packed surface. I found this to be true. I will give you an example...the wife had a 05' F7 and she weighs 125lbs, I weigh 250lbs. We lined up these two sleds numerous times in all conditions. If it were any type of hard pack/good hook up surface the Apex would beat up on the F7...any other surface these sleds were side by side at best.

hey mcapex44 i seem to remember that last year in old forge you beat-up that xp 800 by 3 lenghts in a 1000 ft. when we were runn'in the turbo's and i was suprised that i passed him after standing mine up on the start and you and the xp left me but when i came back down i shot past the xp and had him bye 1 lenght at the end. with the horse power and big wieght advantage i was surprised that the xp didn't leave us but that wasn't the case so i wouldn't worry to much about that skidoo unless he has a lot of work done and set-up to race you should be good have fun

There is no way no how stock for stock a yamaha will beat a ski doo in a drag race .They are much lighter then the yamahas .Yamaha has to come up with something lighter in order to be in the same line.I have both yamaha and ski doo ,but I like the power of the turbo the most.

Blue shadow said:
There is no way no how stock for stock a yamaha will beat a ski doo in a drag race .They are much lighter then the yamahas .Yamaha has to come up with something lighter in order to be in the same line.I have both yamaha and ski doo ,but I like the power of the turbo the most.
As far as I'm concerned that only holds true on ice. On snow it's who gets traction and if the weight transfer is setup properly. But on the long run, the XP will get reeled in by the Apex.

Blue shadow said:

Are you serious????

Its tough to beat a good running apex.. against any sled (stock for stock)

even last year several mags said the apex was the fastest sled out..

remind me again who won the stock sled shootout which are sleds that are setup and tested right out of the box. won't be long before we see how the new 2009's run, hope that turbo cat is as slow as they say

Back