• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski Push on 18 Sidewinder LTX DX

Spicoli

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder L-TX DX
Still having issues getting this sled dialed in. I am 250lbs with gear and have already added ski pressure by adjusting front skis as well as pulled the limiter strap down one hole. My torsion springs are all the way hard. Any suggestions to get a good ride and not have ski push while cornering?

How did you add ski pressure on the front with the skis? If you are pushing it means its not grabbing, you need a better carbide or more pressure. You can try lowering the ride height in the front, reducing the preload on the center rear shock, or increasing the preload of the rear suspension rear shock, or all 3. Think of it like your angling the sled down. I had a 4 scale set up on my Apex and it was amazing how many physical lbs of pressure was applied with small changes in angle. If you go to far it will steer hard so you need to find that balance. I dialed in 135lbs of pressure per ski with me on it. It was a little light compared to the 180-190lbs per ski stock so I turned with brake but it was so much more fun it was worth it to me. Different set ups for different riders.

So you are saying I should soften my skis up some and increase my back ride height?

If you are running stock Tuner skis, that could be most of your problem.

x2 on swap out the tuner skis for just about any other single keel ski. i did not even make a trail ride with mine before they came off and went onto a sx700 my brother has.

Back