• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski Savers

Vmax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre
Do Woody's ski savers help with darting?

Sorry, what are navigators

He’s asking if by “ski savers” you were referring to the Woodys product called “Navigators”

Right ski savers are a wide brush stroke Woodys makes the Navigators as a type of ski saver. Is that the specific Woodys product you asked about?
Also it would help to know what brand ski you are using and what model snowmobile? Lots of very good ski darting solutions available but need to know what you’re trying to cure on what sled and ski.

I have Cat skis. Woody's have a flat plate that mounts in front of your carbides. They claim it flattens the snow down so your carbides are on smooth snow. Supposed to help with darting as well as protect your skis.

If your running a single carbide, I could see using this "flat plate "maybe.. But why not just run Slim jims or the double down snipers? I feel the dual carbides work well with cat skis.. You may want to shim them also..

I have Cat skis. Woody's have a flat plate that mounts in front of your carbides. They claim it flattens the snow down so your carbides are on smooth snow. Supposed to help with darting as well as protect your skis.
That sounds like the navigator. Idk how that would work on cat skis but makes sense to come here to ask. I just put woody navigators on doo TS adjustable carbide skis for a 900t with ice ripper track mostly for ski protection and hopefully eliminate a sight dart. Many part number navigators so make sure you select the one that is compatible with your skis so it mounts and works correctly. No one part fits all.

When ever carbides and ‘darting’ are mentioned I always used to get frustrated when several people would start praising Snow Trackers for great tracking, turning and NO hunting or darting.........then I began to use them for my single keel sled ski’s and NOW its ME.

They flat out work...... better than my Good experience with Bergstrom triples and shim with ski savers. Now I have NO experience with the ‘tuner Snow Trackers’ others can comment on that.

If your running a single carbide, I could see using this "flat plate "maybe.. But why not just run Slim jims or the double down snipers? I feel the dual carbides work well with cat skis.. You may want to shim them also..
I put 4" Woody's dooly's on last season and they did help. I think I will get the skis shimmed and try the ski savers this coming season.
Thanks folks

DO NOT run aggressive sno trackers on CAT SKIS! You will be sorry and maybe even fill your shorts at times.. The Semi aggressive are decent on cat skis.

Good to know.....thanks

I have read mixed results about snow trackers on the Cat forum. Most like them, they claim it is like have power steering if you use the semi aggressive snow trackers.
They are expensive so not sure if I will try them if the ski toe out and shims do not work next season.

I haven't used the "Navigators" or "ski-savers" you referred to, but years ago we had what sounds similar on our Polaris sleds. It was a wider metal "arrowhead" shape with a narrow metal strip that ran back along the ski between the ski and the carbides. They worked very well, and reduced darting significantly. I suspect that they would help with any darting issues you have.

I will echo Yamadoo though, Snow Trackers work. Until and unless someone invents the perfect ski that prevents pushing and darting, I will have Snow Trackers on all my sleds, regardless of what skis I have on them. The semi aggressive's on Cat skis work extremely well, and the Snow Trackers for Tuner skis are almost as good.

Thanks for the info

Back