• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski wheels or boots?

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Looking to move sled around with least amount of headaches. Which ski wheels work? What about ski savers?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, Joe

Looking to move sled around with least amount of headaches. Which ski wheels work? What about ski savers?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, Joe
I have Retrax on both my Vector and Viper. They have been great for getting in and out of the shop and for maneuvering around gas pumps on bare pavement.

I moved into a new house this past summer that has a brand new concrete driveway. The last thing I want to do is mark it up with carbides moving and loading sleds. So I bought a set of the Skinz ski boots.
http://www.skinzprotectivegear.com/snowmobileproducts/skiguards.html
There are not many options for ski boots any more and what there are not cheap. So far these I think will work pretty nicely. They are fairly thick HDPE and while being low profile, they have a sharp vertical edge all the way around them that hangs on the skis and carbides pretty well. I found that driving the sled around the driveway and garage I did not need to install the bungee cords to hold the boots on the skis. This makes them quick and easy to use. If you are going to load the sled in a trailer I am thinking that you might need to install the bungee cords. Obviously the sled will not steer on bare concrete with the boots on so it only goes straight. However being HDPE you can slide the sled into position pretty easily. G.B.

I have Retrax on both my Vector and Viper.

Thank you.....
Possible option. Expensive for what you are getting.

Also, found these. Cost $220.

Screenshot_20180305-100734_crop_432x333-640x380.png

I bought the ones in the picture above made by caliber. They work awesome. I’ve taken a ride around the sub with them. Great for moving from garage to trailer etc...

Back