• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ski wheels?

I have the SkiWheelz and love them. Built really well and easy to install. To retract the wheels, just rock the sled to take the weight off them and they spring up.

The Retrax wheels jam as snow freezes in them and they sit low on the inside of the skis so they sometimes drag in the snow or kick snow up. The SkiWheelz or Rouski wheels work well but they basiclly hang of the studs on your carbides such they can break the studs or twist your skis. The RollerSki wheels are supported by a custom metal bolt that replaces the ski bolt such that all the weight is on the ski leg, and the return spring is in a watertight housing with oil inside. A little more difficult to install than the others and slightly more difficult to deploy than the Rouski's, but a very good and rugged design.

I have a set of Retrax if you're interested. They work well, i just hardly used them. In deep powder they would kick snow up. I think they were about $200 new. E-mail if you're interested for dirt cheap...

bringing this post back around ....whos using what and likes and dislikes etc

i have the Rouski wheels. Amazing when going on the road for any distance and having to make a turn on a dime! Only issue I've experienced is when I ran over some ruts from water passing through trail and a good jolt put them into the down position while on the trail... Nothing happened though, prerty durable, just stopped and popped it back to up position and carried on.

Well I have the Rollerski brand. One set on a Phazer RTX and another set on a Venture MP. They work equally well on both machines. On the MP they just mount on with minimal work. On the Phazer, there is some modification that has to be done on the skis. They have to be notched out a little to add some additional angle to the wheels in order for the wheels to stay engaged in reverse. The extra weight of the MP keeps this from happening in reverse so no ski notching required. If you have no intention of using the wheels in reverse, then just mount and go.

I put on retrax Friday night and rode Saturday. Boy have i been ruining skegs. Ill never go without wheels again. Price is well worth it

Sent from my SM-T817R4 using Tapatalk

I put on the Rouski's in the fall and used them this past weekend. Worked awesome getting in and out of the gas station and along the edge of a paved road where in both cases there was no snow at all. The other guys had the tough time of lifting their sleds around because they couldn't steer on the pavement. Very well made for the ski that you are using. They have a sealed spring area and a new bolt replaces the existing ski bolt. I like having the hand lever to engage the wheels rather than the "foot" engage on the Rollerski. Here's the pictures up and down:

20161013_145042.jpg
20161013_144847.jpg

Back