• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skid Plate for a 2018 Vector

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
I bought the correct Skid Plate for a 2018 Vector but the holes in the Skid Plate do not line up with the rivets
that you are suppose to drill out. I have in the past, installed at least 3 Vector Skid Plates with no problems.
Checked with dealer & this is the correct Skid Plate for this sled. If I try to enlarge the holes in the Skid Plate
I mighty run out of material.

Those skid plates vary drastically as far as hole pattern lining up, think it has to do with the instability of the material itself, and when or how the holes were put in the skid plate. Most often you have to elongate the holes to line up, but if it's out that far, I would ask dealer to bring in another to see if it is any better.

Those skid plates vary drastically as far as hole pattern lining up, think it has to do with the instability of the material itself, and when or how the holes were put in the skid plate. Most often you have to elongate the holes to line up, but if it's out that far, I would ask dealer to bring in another to see if it is any better.

I called the dealer & he would not let me return the Skid Plate because it was over 15 day's since I bought it. I told him that the holes in the Skid Plate didn't even come close to the rivets in the belly pan. I asked for an exchange & he would not do this. At that point I contacted Yamaha directly & they are working on it. Knowing that this is a Yamaha product it should fit right or very very close. Never had problems with all the Skid Plates that I have installed.

Would find a new dealer immediately, that is lame.
Any dealer worth their salt would not flip you off in this situation, should be replaced no questions asked.
Hopefully Yamaha takes care of you properly.

Would find a new dealer immediately, that is lame.
Any dealer worth their salt would not flip you off in this situation, should be replaced no questions asked.
Hopefully Yamaha takes care of you properly.

What he ^^^^ said!

Mine did not line up that great either. So I just had to drill out the holes some, can't even tell when it is on the sled. The rivets you have to install come loose every once and awhile. I just had to tighten up some of the rivets I installed, lol. Mine is a blue skid plate to match my snowmobile, so I did not want to return it, as they are not making the colored skid plates any more, just the black ones, what is the fun of a black skid plate for a blue snowmobile? I had to call around to a lot of Yamaha dealers in my area, and luckily I found the blue skid plate.

I found it was easier to make the holes bigger and use a fender washer down there. Unless it is way way off which is shouldn't be.

I found it was easier to make the holes bigger and use a fender washer down there. Unless it is way way off which is shouldn't be.

I always used fender washers on the four bolts under the belly pan, but the holes on the skid plate were so far off I would run out of material.(break through edge of material). Yamaha is looking at the skid plate. Waiting for results. Will let you guys know what happens. If anyone knows where I can get a blue skid plate for a 2018 Vector that would make my day.

I always used fender washers on the four bolts under the belly pan, but the holes on the skid plate were so far off I would run out of material.(break through edge of material). Yamaha is looking at the skid plate. Waiting for results. Will let you guys know what happens. If anyone knows where I can get a blue skid plate for a 2018 Vector that would make my day.
Yeah, like I said I had all I could do to find my blue skid plate. Have you tried E-bay? Looking forward to seeing what Yamaha says about your skid plate.

Back