• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Alex Englund

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX 153 LE
Looking to drop from my 2018 Mtx’s 153 to an xtx 141. Curious- are these skids/rails compatible?

Reason for the drop: I don’t ride out west anymore and only have time for Minnesota trails and the occasional off trail fart around.

thanks!

I know people that have gone the other way and it worked fine. They had to get new rails and sliders and of course track.

I know people that have gone the other way and it worked fine. They had to get new rails and sliders and of course track.
Thank you. I’ve been doing as much research as I can with few resources. Seems like it should work but I guess I’ll just have to order rails and hope for the best

I believe 16+ XTX rails are the same as MTX profile rails. 14-15 XTX are an older cat profile. Country Cat has the 153” Backcountry track for 399$ if you want an easy fix to make it “trail friendly”

I believe 16+ XTX rails are the same as MTX profile rails. 14-15 XTX are an older cat profile. Country Cat has the 153” Backcountry track for 399$ if you want an easy fix to make it “trail friendly”
Thank you! That’s a good price I was looking at that Camso Back Country X 1.75 lug. Just considering the rail swap bc this year I only rode Minnesota and I’m usually cruising the trails or ditch bangin’. I found 146” and 141” xtx rails 2018-2020 models $350 a pair. Just don’t want to buy em and they don’t line up with my suspension/skid.

What width front end is the MTX? 38"? I trail ride a BTX (when it runs) with 41" front end and it was no issue. I would think the front end would be worse then the rear suspension on the MTX

my mtx is a 36” front end- obviously not fun on trail corners. I’m not concerned with the front end as much, but it would help. I want a shorter track mountain sled much like the Summit 146”, it’s a fun ripper bouncing from trail to off trail and back.

Or just cut the lugs down and run it. Bet you get a few years out of it.

I have considered this. After I just ripped a lug off the other day I think I will cut all the lugs down to 2” and see how she goes. The Camso 1.75 backcountry x would be good but might as well cut up my track first since she’s damaged

Back