• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skippigear gear noise

shockwave

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 Phazer RTX
Looks like I have a new issue to get fix. I am getting a gear skipping noise when I am of the throttle to use the engine to brake. Is sound like some gear are sleeping. The sound seems to come from under the track, or maybe the chains case.

You guys have any idea what is could be?

I hope that my English makes some sense.

Yes, understood. If it was under power or accelerating, I would have said the reverse gear is skipping the dog gears. What about in reverse? I know it would be difficult to decelerate in reverse.

Could also be the drive shaft bearing at the speedometer sensor. It it's that, fix it now before it destroys the sensor.

Yes, understood. If it was under power or accelerating, I would have said the reverse gear is skipping the dog gears. What about in reverse? I know it would be difficult to decelerate in reverse.

Could also be the drive shaft bearing at the speedometer sensor. It it's that, fix it now before it destroys the sensor.

I also afraid that it could be the drive shaft bearing. Thanks for the warning, I will store the sled for the season. It will wait for next year when I will get a new track install.

Thanks a lot.

Jean

Pas de problème mon ami :)

Well, I found a part of the problem this afternoon. One of the new slide is gone and the rail is well used.

I paid a shop last fall the get new slides installed correctly to avoid this.

With this situation that just happen, I wonder if this would be a good time to make it a 128. I don't think that I would have to stretch tu tunnel at 128.

This was sure part of my drag problem that I reported before.

Back