• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled decks / truck decks

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
hello I'm looking into some truck decks what do you guys use and what are some good ones for the money? It will be for an LTX LE sidewinder will my 13 f150 5.0 v8 have any problems here thanks

I have one that I bought used....it is an old 10 ft. trailer that was converted to a sled deck.

They work great and even tho the sled is wide open...it may get some snow on it, but road dirt doesn't get past the sides. I got this for under $1,000 with a ramp, traction mats, ski guides and 2 hold down bars.

20161209_195752.jpg
20161210_033533.jpg

Terry now I know what to look for - wow looks great. Be interesting to see if sled stays clean for you hope so.

There is one for sale in MPLS MN craigs list with out a ramp. Something about the guy doesn't like the welds but calls it 'strong'

That's awesome and a steal I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for a deal like that

It's awesome and couldn't be happier with that deal.

Terry now I know what to look for - wow looks great. Be interesting to see if sled stays clean for you hope so.

There is one for sale in MPLS MN craigs list with out a ramp. Something about the guy doesn't like the welds but calls it 'strong'

Mark, I drove it this past weekend in all the slushy, salty crap and never had a cover on it....stayed very clean (actually surprised me and boostednytro).

WOW that's great.

Can you have a single sled in the middle ? Thinking better yet for clean and truck balance. with 3/4 ton probably not even noticeable.

Mark

IMG_2371.PNG
IMG_2370.PNG
There's a company by the name of marlon products based in Ottawa Canada less than 2 hours from me that make a really nice product Come LE with superglides accross the deck and 2 front clamps. Supertrack and 4 deck hooks 10 foot ramp Led lights in the back rack and under the deck. Rear taillight as well. around $3200 but may be able to do a little better once I talk to dealers

WOW that's great.

Can you have a single sled in the middle ? Thinking better yet for clean and truck balance. with 3/4 ton probably not even noticeable.

Mark

I could, just need a different way to secure the sled tho as I have hold down bars on each side.

Sled decks are awesome. I had one and it worked great. I had to sell when I move to make room for all my other stuff. I will be building another one in the near future.

$3200, damn?
You could be into a decent do/ do trailer or new clamshell and have no hassles with ramps, dirty sleds + storage.

@yamadoo

Couldn't believe how clean the sleds stayed on the sled deck (no covers)....even in all the road salt, dirt and snow that pummeled the Keweenaw peninsula this past weekend.

Starting to see more and more sled decks

Back