• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled stolen in St Zenon,Que

gt4472

Veteran
Beware inthe St Zenon area, according to the police they have had 15 stolen sleds this year. My 09 Apex was stolen from the secure pen at LaGlaciere motel along with someone elses 08 Apex. They haven't recovered any. This happened on Sat 2/2
GT

We had 2 trucks and a trailer stolen this year (24 Jan) in the St Zenon area plus they broken in to our chalet and took most of our personal things including my MacBook Pro and 2 other guys iPads.

WOW 17 including yours and buddy!! that sucks,did they drive-away with yours or pick them up in a truck/trailer? just curious .

We don't go there anymore. The police in that area are in on it. We were at Le Cabanon four years ago and there was a guy in the bar talking about how his supercharged Apex got stolen out of his trailer. The cops told him if they didn't find it in the next 24 hours he would never see it again.

Thats too bad! Its a real nice area to ride! I will be bring locks for the sleds if i go up there again.

I rode in Quebec for 13 years, and then I discovered MAINE :Rockon: No theft up there :drink: Been going since 2007 :sled1: 13000 miles of groomed trails, I've been to Rumford, Millinocket, Shin Pond, Eagle Lake, and Fort Kent :-o Trail Permit for the season is $89, compared to $325 in Quebec! Trails are OUTSTANDING! LaLaLa
Just came back from Millinocket (Baxter State Park) 800 miles in 4 days. Stayed at Ruthies Hotel Terrace, had my own room for $60 a night, you can't beat it!

TOTALLY AGREE. Best kept secret in all of snowmobiling. Great people, the best dealers in the country, great trails and most importantly,usually plenty of snow

St Zenon thefts

They caught all on security video. Three people drove in the motel, 2 got out and went into the pen,cut the lock on the cable across the entryway started two sleds and drove out the door heading south. I don't think it took 2 min. Ballsey
GT

There's alot of people behind the thefts including cops, judges, hotels & car dealers! Maine is THE place to go. Canada is nice to ride, but with over 50% chance of everything being stolen, it's not worth it unless you know the area & the people in it. At the snowmobile shows, all the tourist attractions have to guarantee your sled locked up @ night. That blows. MAINE for me...

Pictures from Maine trip

Pictures from our recent trip to Maine :Rockon:

Attachments

• 100_6885.jpg
    100_6885.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 408
Pictures from Maine trip

Pictures from Maine trip

Attachments

• 100_6948.jpg
    100_6948.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 396
Maine is the best please to ride, 908 miles in four and a half days of riding. Maybe a half mile of bumps if you put them all together. Not to mention your spending your hard earned cash in the states and not spending out of the country. Going back in a couple weeks, can't wait!!!!

I'd be willing to bet 15 get stolen in any given weekend there not 15 per season, their doing the same thing in Thetford Mines area too...You can have that place if I go to CA it will be Ontario. Quebec=Mexico north.

Really, Cops, Judges & Hotel Owners....Grow up

I am always amazed at people who watch way to much TV and then have no common sense to type something as stupid as Cops, Judges and the whole town is in on stealing your sleds. Do you really think police officers and Judges have an organized snowmobile theft ring going, go park your car in Detroit and tell me how long before the "police and judges steal it"

I am Canadian and have been sledding in Quebec for over 20 years and have never as so much had my beer spilled, so if you think were all thieves feel free to stay home and enjoy your economy and health care while we enjoy the trails with all our thieving cops and judges...

Expect thieves to steal snowmobiles, boats, cars or whatever is there for the taking.....

Because we all know people don't steal in the USA......well not your cops and judges anyway.

Next time you call 911 remember who runs in the direction of danger while your running the other way.

Back