• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sled weights

The New Doos are heavier as they have added reinforcements in the tunnel, bulkheads, heavy electric shock package, big dashes and associated electronic gauge switchgear and all the crap. It all adds up till it's a bit porky and ends up overweight. The base mode Doos are much lighter than the loaded up machines.

It doesn't take much of adding items over the years. Was happy to see ST put them on the scales! Start adding the aftermarket bags, gizmos and farckles and they get right up there....

The New Doos are heavier as they have added reinforcements in the tunnel, bulkheads, heavy electric shock package, big dashes and associated electronic gauge switchgear and all the crap. It all adds up till it's a bit porky and ends up overweight. The base mode Doos are much lighter than the loaded up machines.

It doesn't take much of adding items over the years. Was happy to see ST put them on the scales! Start adding the aftermarket bags, gizmos and farckles and they get right up there....
Yup, in addition to the accessories, when the young guys start beating up the sleds on rough trails, the can bend and break them. Durability is always an issue when lightweight and horsepower get put together. The old Acat Firecats had this problem. They were fast but guys would bring them to the dealer on Monday in a bushel basket. LOL

Cat responded by building a tank chassis. It will be interesting to see how light the Catalyst chassis really is and how it handles beatings once they put a bigger motor in it. For all the complaints we have with the old cat chassis, Winders and Tcats don't end up in a bushel basket on Monday mornings.

I finally got around to weighing my 2019 X-TX LE today.
I hung the front end from the bumper to a digital hoist scale, had the rear of the sled sitting on a digital weight scale and by adding the two readouts together I came up with the total weight...a little bush league but still effective.
The sled was FULL of fuel, oil, anti freeze, tools on board, scratchers, gps ect so basically exactly how it would be when heading out on a trip but without any snow or ice on it.
The only extra non stock weight on my sled, when I weighed it, is the BOP auxiliary Rad kit that weighs close to 15lbs with extra antifreeze and this is partially offset by the installed earth x battery.
This is a 141" sled with a 1 3/4" track but no studs. I always suspected the 141" X-TXs were probably the lightest Sidewinders.
I actually was hoping it would weigh in a little less but it is what it is.

The Total "Ready to Ride Wet Weight" of my sled is 646 lbs which is 21 lbs lighter then the 667 lb 137" Sidewinder LTX LE with EPS that SnowTrax weighed.
At 646 "wet weight" my X-TX LE is lighter then the Ski Doo 850 Renegade...who knew?

No BS
Just the facts

Yep brp accessories with the super heavy smart shocks can really add up the weight quick.

Decided to weigh my sled tonight. 596.3 lbs with between 1/4 and a 1/3 of fuel in the tank.

My sled is a 17 XTX-LE with fox floats up front, 141 air skid, lightweight battery, lightweight driveshaft and brake rotor. Currently set up to trail ride.
20240126_184023.jpg
20240126_182426.jpg
20240126_182241.jpg

You probably have 30 pounds of fuel and studs in that weight. It is probably around 565 lbs. with no studs or fuel. Thanks for sharing.

Decided to weigh my sled tonight. 596.3 lbs with between 1/4 and a 1/3 of fuel in the tank.

My sled is a 17 XTX-LE with fox floats up front, 141 air skid, lightweight battery, lightweight driveshaft and brake rotor. Currently set up to trail ride.
View attachment 175279

Holy helium filled Sidewinder Batman! Yes boy Winder (see what I did there), I filled the remainder of the fuel tank and air shocks with helium.....

I add weight to my winder when I strap on my 2 1/2 gallons on the back and its needed to bring my suspension settings in balance…. Learn a long time ago that it just sucks towing sleds that run of gas , more better charging them $10.00 a gallon and if they complain I explain the alternative… lol….

There is simply NO WAY. the yamcatw are only 30lb more than a doo850.

Have them both and ride them both. the 850 is increibly nimble in comparison especially when riding loose snow.

Also lifting them both in garage to move them. the weight difference is substantial. have not weighted. but 25-30lbw. feels much more like 75-80 to me

Last year I had a Sidewinder RTX and my wife’s 2019 900T Adrenaline. When these weights came out I thought they were BS. My wife’s sled is significantly easier to lift from any point, and it feels much lighter while riding.

This year I bought a 2024 900R. It is heavy. It feels just as heavy to lift as my Sidewinder. I wish I would have weighed all 3 for comparison.

Back