• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sled weights

Still waiting for someone to weigh a 900R....I think doo people are afraid to knowing the outcome is probably not what they want. I'd say the lightest sidewinders would be the XTX SE 141 with uncoupled ski. I bet those are below 650lbs full of fluids.

Still waiting for someone to weigh a 900R....I think doo people are afraid to knowing the outcome is probably not what they want. I'd say the lightest sidewinders would be the XTX SE 141 with uncoupled ski. I bet those are below 650lbs full of fluids.
I assume you're talking about the 2023 Ski-Doo Renegade X 900 ACE Turbo R, 137"?
524#s dry. Im surprised.....

I assume you're talking about the 2023 Ski-Doo Renegade X 900 ACE Turbo R, 137"?
524#s dry. Im surprised.....
And since skidoo runs 150lbs less on dry weight I’m gonna guess 675. Which puts it where they say 30-40lbs more than the 850’s

And since skidoo runs 150lbs less on dry weight I’m gonna guess 675. Which puts it where they say 30-40lbs more than the 850’s

In their own literature, it says the 900r weighs 36 lbs more than the equivalent 850, that puts it around 687lbs wet with an equivalent option package to the 850. (from 22 model year brochure). The current model year renegade X-RS states 535 dry which is 11 lbs more than shown below in the 22 brochure.

1684200462860.png

Didn’t StevewithOCD weigh both his Sidewinder and 900R? I thought I remember him saying the SW weighed 72lbs more.

Didn’t StevewithOCD weigh both his Sidewinder and 900R? I thought I remember him saying the SW weighed 72lbs more.

If you mean this post he was postulating what the 900t weighs probably based on the specs doo publishes which are seemingly a bit optimistic.

If you mean this post he was postulating what the 900t weighs probably based on the specs doo publishes which are seemingly a bit optimistic.
No, he definitely weighed them both, full of fuel, with equal studs, the the SW was 72lbs heavier. Maybe I saw it on Dootalk, but I know I saw it.

No, he definitely weighed them both, full of fuel, with equal studs, the the SW was 72lbs heavier. Maybe I saw it on Dootalk, but I know I saw it.
*shrug* maybe. But if ST did their job right then the winder should weigh well north of 700lbs wet to get to that 72lb difference and it doesn't. I am surprised that we don't see videos all over dootalk showing 850s weighing less than what ST claims as wet weight. Its not like a scale is very expensive and rigging something to hang it from is cheap.

For grins, I looked up the bottom up calculations (for spring rates) I did on the winder last year.

ST says 667,the bottom up calculations say 665.7, That is pretty close.

1684292825753.png

Here is another video from 2019, weights as follows

Yamaha Sidewinder 162: 643lbs
Arctic Cat Alpha 154: 542lbs
Ski-Doo 850 Summit SP 154 (w/ shot start): 551lbs (doo published dry weight on this year/model is 447lbs)
Throw a battery, 4s, SS, more oil, header, heavier exhaust etc on it and yeah, it probably weighs 100lbs more than the 850.

Another one corroborating winder weight

Maybe ST has an axe to grind with doo.

I often think weights are overrated. When my tank is nearly dry, my sled technically weighs 50lbs less than when full. Never have noticed the difference between an empty and full tank.

Maybe you can't, but I surly can feel the difference. I can also feel the difference between a std heavy battery and a lightweight battery which is only 11 lbs. Some people have the feel for it and some don't. I prefer to make the Winder as light as reasonably possible....

I often think weights are overrated. When my tank is nearly dry, my sled technically weighs 50lbs less than when full. Never have noticed the difference between an empty and full tank.

The mass of the fuel is mostly centrally located, it rotates with you - by design, to minimize its impact on riding. Thats why gas tanks are located where they are. That is the entire goal of mass centralization, to attempt to co-locate center of mass and center of rotation so you don't feel it as much. Weight distribution is more important in many ways than actual weight but you still feel the weight and weight difference while cornering, braking, and accelerating.

The mass of the fuel is mostly centrally located, it rotates with you - by design, to minimize its impact on riding. Thats why gas tanks are located where they are. That is the entire goal of mass centralization, to attempt to co-locate center of mass and center of rotation so you don't feel it as much. Weight distribution is more important in many ways than actual weight but you still feel the weight and weight difference while cornering, braking, and accelerating.
Yes, I realize that and I do indeed appreciate your input and conversation. The gas tanks used to be in the front of some of our sleds way back a long time ago. Wasn't ideal for sure!

Back