• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slide choices

Komo

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Venture
Hey guys, I have two RS Ventures, I will be putting new slides on for the season, what is the ones I should be looking for and where do you get them? Thanks!

depends on your normal riding conditions. we usually have enough snow that i can get away with cheap aftermarket ones. if your trails are thin on snow to icy, i would reccomend the dupont slides from yamaha. i also reccomend them when a sled is going to be used my some one that only rides occasionally and does not know to get snow when they smell melting plastic.

depends on your normal riding conditions. we usually have enough snow that i can get away with cheap aftermarket ones. if your trails are thin on snow to icy, i would reccomend the dupont slides from yamaha. i also reccomend them when a sled is going to be used my some one that only rides occasionally and does not know to get snow when they smell melting plastic.
Do you order DuPont’s off the internet?

my local dealer carrys them in stock so i usually just go in and get them when i need a set. port yamaha should have them in stock and they are good to deal with.

Port Yamaha for the win! The DuPonts ARE more expensive, but I'm on season 4 and around 3,000 miles and they're still good. Give Kevin a jingle and he'll have them waiting for you. Tell him you're TY Member, you'll be glad you did.

If you don't care about the upfront cost, buy the Dupont's. They are triple the price, but last three times as long, and so you are not changing them as often. More time riding, less time wrenching.

Run your track A LOT LOOSER than Yamaha specs, and they'll last 15000 + km

Last edited:
Run you track A LOT LOOSER than Yamaha specs, and they'll last 15000 + km
Do you ever get track ratchet? I tried running them loose but when the temperature rose late in the day it started to ratchet.

Nope, I've never had my track ratchet. Maybe your's is a bit too loose?

Don't forget to harden your slides after changing them!

Run your sled for a mile, where there is no lube, so they get real hot, then drop off into snow, where they will get cooled off real quick! That'll harden them, and they will last a lot longer!

Nope, I've never had my track ratchet. Maybe your's is a bit too loose?

Don't forget to harden your slides after changing them!

Run your sled for a mile, where there is no lube, so they get real hot, then drop off into snow, where they will get cooled off real quick! That'll harden them, and they will last a lot longer!

I always thought the whole deal about heating slides up and quickly cooling them down to harden them was a myth. If that works, then why not just take a blow torch to them when tbey are new and be done with it? Does it really harden the plastics?

If that were true I’d have the hardest ones around from every time I forgot my scratchers:)

Back