• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

slide Hyfax on vector gt 2010 burn after 200 km

vector-er

Veteran
just buy it and not even 100 km they are finish
i tought that yamaha have fixed this problem on 2010
what i sould do ?

Most likely you are down to 15% on them. Leave them and run them now. They have not fixed it on any sled. Problem is they wear out and then last a long time. I would recommend running them now for a long while. What I am going to do on both of mine. Otherwise you will be changing them again if you buy another set.

The dealer may have set the track too tight thinking it will strech. I've found on the Yamahas you need to run the track on the loose side.Once they wear down near the wear line they seem to stop wearing so fast. I have 1200 miles on my 2010 vector ltx and the slides have been at the line for the last 700 miles.

pull strap 1 or 2 holes,run track a little looser than recommended and they will last much longer,also,slp wear pads help alot for tracks cliped at every second hole,i've always used slp pads,worth every penny

jrm67 said:
The dealer may have set the track too tight thinking it will strech. I've found on the Yamahas you need to run the track on the loose side.Once they wear down near the wear line they seem to stop wearing so fast. I have 1200 miles on my 2010 vector ltx and the slides have been at the line for the last 700 miles.
This is what my dealer did.

I have an 1 1/2" sag on my track... I've got 4,500 miles on my last set and still going strong... MM ;)!

MadMax said:
I have an 1 1/2" sag on my track... I've got 4,500 miles on my last set and still going strong... MM ;)!

Studded or not studded?

I have heard the track will ratchet running it that loose?

Not studded..... That's pulling down with 20lbs. of pressure... I've only heard it ratchet once in that time period.. MM.

Back