• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slider Life for Viper LTX

Wannaviper

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Viper XTX SE; 2019 Sidewinder DX LTX; 2013 Vector LTX; 2014 Viper XTX SE; 2013 SRX 120
I just got my 2015 LTX back from my usual end of the season servicing from the dealer. Of the four Yamaha sleds I took in(Phazers and Vector), it was the one that needed the least work, and cost the least to have serviced. I have just over 2,000 miles on the original sliders, and had planned on replacing them with Duponts, but when I picked the sled up, the dealer said the sliders were fine, and did not replace them. I am wondering if I should just take it back and have them do it anyway? What is everyone getting for longevity out of their sliders on the Viper LTX?

I checked mine last night and surprise lots of life left as should be after only 1200 miles -of course this is not an LTX but a STXDX so not exactly the same.

The RTX & LTX are great for wear, the XTX gets a wear behind the front idlers but still got almost 3000 on mine before going to Duponts. The DuPont slides do reduce friction even turning the track on the stand is noticeable. but its up to you whether you change them out early or wait till necessary.

You riding in gravel pits studroes? Just teasing. But seriously that is odd. I just bought my ltx at the end of last season. Only have 586 miles on it but the slides are like new

Also. That brings me back wannaviper. My original screen name on this side years ago was wannapex

You riding in gravel pits studroes? Just teasing. But seriously that is odd. I just bought my ltx at the end of last season. Only have 586 miles on it but the slides are like new

Maybe that's the problem lol. Ya i don't know what the deal was with mine, 500 miles and at the front bend they were almost wore thru and about 2/3 of the way back on the rails was almost wore thru, have the track a bad wave affect at high speeds and killed top end, with bad slides I could only get 85 mph, put new slides on and boom 100 mph like nothin. Worn slides are bad! But if they're not worn I wouldn't change them

Man I must've got a crappy set, mine were shot after 500 miles on my ltx se, put duponts on and been fine ever since, 3800 miles now and by the looks of it the duponts will last another 10k miles

Its east coast snow its much more abrasive that's why I moved to the Midwest for better hifax wear!!!!! :crap:

I should blame some of it on the fact that the first few hundred miles I put on were on about an inch of hard packed snow/ice so lubrication was minimum, but I rode on some crappy snow/mud for the first couple hundred miles this past winter and it didn't phase the duponts.

Back