• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slight gas mist 03 rx1

jrice1987

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha rx1
Rebuilt and cleaned carbs on rx1 slight gas mist in mouth of all 4 carbs is this normal.

It's mistingup thru the needle. Runs a tad rich at idle

Im not sure why they would it would be misting that all the o rings were replaced

Im not sure why they would it would be misting that all the o rings were replaced
Did you clean them on or off the machine?what did you replace?did you remove 1 bowl&clean 1 at a time?Is this your first time cleaning them&Do you run ethanol fuel?was this just preventative maint or were you having running issues?Did you have the fuel tank off&change the filters? sorry for the barrage of questions but these carbs have a lot of parts&even guys that are experienced with them have trouble sometimes,ty member stomper had his apart so many times last year he could do it with his eyes closed!!once we know more about how the machine was running&how the cleaning went we can probably help figure it out.

Yes I took them off, sled sat for 2 years,replaced lines, they were not to cruddy actually, but o rings were toast, also replaced needle and seat, cleaned everything pretty good, I thought the floats were set at lean side so I dropped down some. Did not sync carbs but i will, it idles fine and runs good, a little rich at 1/4 throttle, but as soon as I open it up it goes away. I think I set the floats down to far causing it to fill up to much and come up through the jet needle. I will try setting it back where it was.

Yes I took them off, sled sat for 2 years,replaced lines, they were not to cruddy actually, but o rings were toast, also replaced needle and seat, cleaned everything pretty good, I thought the floats were set at lean side so I dropped down some. Did not sync carbs but i will, it idles fine and runs good, a little rich at 1/4 throttle, but as soon as I open it up it goes away. I think I set the floats down to far causing it to fill up to much and come up through the jet needle. I will try setting it back where it was.
Float height should be 11-15mm,measured from where the bowl mounts to the flat section on the float

the rx sleds always spit back a touch especially in warm weather. my 05 always had a residue in the air box when i opened it. brother owns it now and it still does it with 17000 km on it.

Ok I guess I'm a dummy lol, but I'm confused on where to measure the float height from the flats on the float or the highest point on the ?

Ok I guess I'm a dummy lol, but I'm confused on where to measure the float height from the flats on the float or the highest point on the ?
See my reply above,measure to flat section on float

Are you 100% sure?, I was leaning towards the highest point on the float

Attachments

• float height1.jpg
    float height1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 179
Are you 100% sure?, I was leaning towards the highest point on the float
In the search box on this site type in float level&see the first post where supertuner (Freddie rip)gives the way he did it&he was a master

Back