• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sling'n more weight

Snow Fever

Expert
Went riding on the weekend I've got 8bu-00 weighted 57.7grams (my scale says 58grams) I put in a blue/pink/blue old style spring, it's 97 on the shift out (whimpy looking thing) I'm running the 14.5 rollers the sled came with and this thing is still reving 10,900 rpm. This is on 9lbs. boost. So now is what I have done is pulled the weights knocked out the center rivet put in a new one with grade 8 washers on each side and now the weights weigh 62 grams each, I figure this will pull it down about 400 rpm and it should pull like a raped ape :shock: Like it needed more pull? But hea, hate to leave anything on the table ;)! Here's a couple pictures.

I think adding 4 grams will pull you down more than 400 rpms. But that may not be a bad thing.

RX-1 Moose said:
What did Climax do with his clutching, his sled is proven on video for the whole world to see! It run great!

I remember him saying something about using downriggers for weights. :D

The rivet in the tip is a 4.5 The rivet with the washers is also 4.5 so The 8bu-00 are 47.7grams + 9grams in rivets = 2 grade 8 x 1/4" washers = 62 grams. The nice thing about this motor is you can pretty much rev it what ever you want 9800 to 11200 and it still makes good power. I just love trying diffrent stuf to see what happens. My dealer ran the same set as me last year but put in a straight 45 degree helix and their rpm was around 10500. I don't like the idea of controlling rpm with the helix. I could be wrong but they will be running their the same as last year so we'll see if there is any diffrence.

Thats the beauty of the Supertips or Heavy Hitters. They now come with a base weight of 60. You can add up to 42 grams per arm on the STs. Also the new 60g base HH is a beautiful weight...BBY

BlueByYou2000 said:
Thats the beauty of the Supertips or Heavy Hitters. They now come with a base weight of 60. You can add up to 42 grams per arm on the STs. Also the new 60g base HH is a beautiful weight...BBY

WTF? Is the weight(HH) the same profile and weight distribution?

Buckeye said:
BlueByYou2000 said:

WTF? Is the weight(HH) the same profile and weight distribution?

Yes it is. Here is some pics of the 60g supertips. These tungsten inserts shown are 7 grams each. Also, there are 1 gram washers...BBY

Back