• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slipped reluctor ring

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 nytro xtx
Hey all,

I’ve got an 09 nytro xtx, I blew a belt last weekend and every since I have had a low idle issue, sled wants to idle around 1300 rpm once it’s warm and sometimes dies when I give it throttle from an idle, if I feather into it real gently I can bring the rpm up and then it takes off fine. There was a pretty decent amount of belt material in behind the clutch and I did my best to get it out.
So far I’ve pulled the tank and changed the plugs and checked all the the hoses on the throttle bodies and no luck. At this point I’m waiting on a clutch puller to pull the stub shaft and check the reluctor ring.

The big question is. Will it do damage to the sled to ride it like this? I have a trip coming this week and can ride a spare sled if needed but also don’t have an issue feathering the throttle at stops, I just don’t want to cause more damage since I won’t be able to tear into it before then. Thanks!

Back